Ontopic Abortion Thread

Are you

• Pro-Choice

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Pro-Life

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Brand name Yaz. Come summer I will try one of the generics even though it isn't listed to treat an issue I have. My insurance requires me to try it before my doctor will be able to fight it. She cannot just say history shows how well it works. So I will pay OOP for a few months for the brand name and then give it a try. If it works great, but if not my doctor will help fight it for me. She's awesome. We were going to do it over the holidays, but last year's insurance had the brand name covered but the generic was not so it would've been 3x more just to switch then. So stupid.

I really hate having to switch or pay that much just to appease dumb ass insurance companies.

Didn't they pull Yaz when all those woman were dying from blood clotting issue the Yaz was causing?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
My plan is $5 for 99% of our prescriptions. Some are free and they all are if I max out.
Too be fair I chose to have a zero deductible plan, with 100% coverage of procedures after fixed copay. The disadvantage is that same fixed copay supplies to medications.

If I end up needing perpetual medication, it may be a bad choice in the long run, but on the other side, peanuts entire pregnancy and birth cost 400 bucks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Just like most medical costs. My prescription bills as a mostly healthy 30 something are about 75
I pay about $10 for most prescription meds.

I also pay nothing to see the doctor to get diagnosed and have a prescription written.

Brand name Yaz. Come summer I will try one of the generics even though it isn't listed to treat an issue I have. My insurance requires me to try it before my doctor will be able to fight it. She cannot just say history shows how well it works. So I will pay OOP for a few months for the brand name and then give it a try. If it works great, but if not my doctor will help fight it for me. She's awesome. We were going to do it over the holidays, but last year's insurance had the brand name covered but the generic was not so it would've been 3x more just to switch then. So stupid.

I really hate having to switch or pay that much just to appease dumb ass insurance companies.
Oh ya, I remember you mentioning that one before. I've heard mixed reviews about it. :/

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
Too be fair I chose to have a zero deductible plan, with 100% coverage of procedures after fixed copay. The disadvantage is that same fixed copay supplies to medications.

If I end up needing perpetual medication, it may be a bad choice in the long run, but on the other side, peanuts entire pregnancy and birth cost 400 bucks.

Yeah our last one cost about 3k. The 5 year old cost about $200. We got the EOY breakdowns for 16 and the baby was 65k all together and my knee debacle was over $750k. Amazing to me it cost that much less to deliver a baby.

guys should have a say in the abortion also. You can't make a baby without the guy. What if she gets an abortion but he wanted to keep the kid? Should his opinion not matter? He helped conceive it.

Or lets flip it. what if they keep the kid and the guy doesn't want it. should he be forced to pay child support?
Let's just make it plain: abortions can never be banned outright. Only safe abortions can be banned.

I don't understand people "needing" medications for shit all the time. I don't think they really do. I'm 44 and haven't needed a regular medication for anything my entire life. Seems like much of this is trumped up conditions or disorders for trumped up profits to the detriment of the trumped up patients.*

*Pun not intended (well, maybe it was).

• Gravy
Reactions: plot and nukes
I don't understand people "needing" medications for shit all the time. I don't think they really do. I'm 44 and haven't needed a regular medication for anything my entire life. Seems like much of this is trumped up conditions or disorders for trumped up profits to the detriment of the trumped up patients.*

yeah well the big one we're talking about here both help keep us from having unwanted pregnancies (you're fucking welcome) as well as mitigate symptoms some of us experience monthly, which no shit you don't understand because you've never experienced but come the fuck on, dude

also outside of bcp, chronic conditions often require meds to help keep them stable (e.g. ACE/ARB/diuretic for hypertension, statin for hyperlipidemia, metformin for diabetes, ACE/ARB as attn for nephropathy in diabetic patients, insulin, etc) where taking the meds help keep their health steady

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony

Well, it's either that or have my throat close up and choose between vomit or choking.

Not an ideal choice in the middle of a meeting

yeah well the big one we're talking about here both help keep us from having unwanted pregnancies (you're fucking welcome) as well as mitigate symptoms some of us experience monthly, which no shit you don't understand because you've never experienced but come the fuck on, dude

also outside of bcp, chronic conditions often require meds to help keep them stable (e.g. ACE/ARB/diuretic for hypertension, statin for hyperlipidemia, metformin for diabetes, ACE/ARB as attn for nephropathy in diabetic patients, insulin, etc) where taking the meds help keep their health steady

Seems like a lot of big words for "unfit". Should be aborted and/or forcibly sterilized. Drain on society. Etc., Etc.

Well, it's either that or have my throat close up and choose between vomit or choking.

Not an ideal choice in the middle of a meeting

What is the root cause of this problem? Is that being addressed or we just applying bandaid after bandaid after bandaid?

Have you tried Earcupuncture?

Well I'm sure your medical advice is very valuable.

Well I'm sure your medical advice is very valuable.

My medical advice comes at a premium. Apparently I'm one of the only (grammar joke) ones here who doesn't have some "condition" or who hasn't been convinced they need to eat a handful of pills every day in order to not die.

You could learn a thing or two from me. For starters you need to eat more beer and drink more bacon. Then put down the vidya games and go outside.

also @helenabear have you tried goodrx ? I have used it to get some good coupons for my yaz but it's been the generic (vestura? also did gianvi at one point a while back) so idk if it has the real Yaz one, worth a peek, maybe?

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear

Yaz has a terrible reputation of having more serious side effects than other hormonal bc, especially increased risk of blood clots. Yaz also increases potassium levels in some women, but that is probably checked in your yearly checkup.

It is the only bc pill that works for some women, as the less-serious-but-unlivable-with side effects of the other brands exist. You may be, ahem, aging out of the bc pill anyway. Have you thought about an iud?

Edit: I see I'm kind of repeating stuff other people said

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and adi
Have you thought about an iud?
I am on BCP for other reasons beyond just not getting pregnant.

to address the rest of the posters here, yes I have looked elsewhere. It is no cheaper anywhere (my insurance covers a tiny bit of it, but not a lot) I can find except from Canada which I have done but not a fan of doing again. Obviously yes it is also still available. The rest is between me and my good doctor.