Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mine ripped a big hunk of glass off. Probably just going to get a new windshield.
Very good idea - waiting is asking for it to go to hell at an inconvenient time. Or just sitting in the sun.
Glass coming off - shrinkage of the glue over time can do that. Older curio cabinets,etc. sometimes have glass( "Glue Chip") that is textured by spreading on hot hide glue and letting the shrinkage tear out a nice frosted pattern.

what the everliving fuck is that.

im assuming the light bar has to be illegal right
Re:WTF - I have to wonder if he isn't the same guy I saw a while back on same stretch, with a duallie POS like that that was pickup ass, car front.:rolleyes:
Look in the first(mirror shot) closely - he has stickers on the lightbar "NOT A COP"

We were out in the sticks so I raced ahead to the 3-way round-about, pulled off on one leg, did a U and got on the second leg just in time to catch him passing by. :fly:

Re:WTF - I have to wonder if he isn't the same guy I saw a while back on same stretch, with a duallie POS like that that was pickup ass, car front.:rolleyes:
Look in the first(mirror shot) closely - he has stickers on the lightbar "NOT A COP"

We were out in the sticks so I raced ahead to the 3-way round-about, pulled off on one leg, did a U and got on the second leg just in time to catch him passing by. :fly:

The pieces by the front wheels look like they were cut out of old exhaust parts. Hopefully not the exhaust for that actual car.

what the everliving fuck is that.

im assuming the light bar has to be illegal right

Depends on state laws.

1. You can't impersonate a cop. That car is obviously not a cop.

2. Can't have red and blue flashing lights but light bars are OK. Lenses appear to be blacked out except for the "not a cop" signs. Could probably get away with lighting those up too, especially if the light is constant instead of flashing.

No cop cars now have those type of lights anyway, they're all blinding led's. So bright and blinding they're f'n dangerous. Night vision gone. Regardless of the "slow down or move over" rule you just can't see what the hell is going on.

Well, the GTI is officially fucked.

Ran over a tire carcass on the way home tonight from running errands, and a couple minutes later, the car started getting louder and louder. Pulled over and climbed underneath... the rear exhaust mount tore out of the frame, and took a chunk of the unibody frame with it, and the exhaust was pulling further and further out of the clamp out front, I'm lucky it stayed on the car. Managed to tie it up and limp home, but she's knackered.

Time to get the Fit inspected and road legal.

The pieces by the front wheels look like they were cut out of old exhaust parts. Hopefully not the exhaust for that actual car.
No, they are some sort of hydraulic pieces. I could see the piston sticking out when he was behind me but they were filthy, rusted shit. Swear they looked like the hydraulic cylinders for a front-loader. And why are they attached like that? I think it is some sort of retarded attempt at a suspension assist. Scary.
His exhaust was quiet as fuck - surprisingly.

Neighbor friend growing up had the CB360. I don't know the difference other than a whopping 10cc but basically the same thing.

Would be a great bike for scooting around town and taking leisurely rides in the country/desert.

The wife would probably enjoy it after the initial butterflies and it's something she could handle and ride herself if she gained an interest. Great starter bike or just all around fun bike to have.

They've won a sort of cool factor thing with the hipster crowd, may not come quite as cheap as they used to but still good bikes and easy to work on.

I would be hesitant to take it on freeways or high speed highway commutes. Not enough power/acceleration/speed left in it to quickly get out of trouble spots but great for everything else.

Last time I crossed New Mexico the speed limit was still 55 out in the middle of nowhere with nobody around. It could handle a ride like that ok. Probably get bogged down a bit on mountain roads with 2 people on it.
One down four up. That makes 5 gears yes?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Fit inspection scheduled for next Friday.

Took the Q5 to work today, will probably scam a lift off a co-worker tomorrow, then this weekend it's time for some ghetto exhaust repair!

Status
Not open for further replies.