Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
yowza, $300 each. Guess I'll stick with the dremel, lol.

Make a piece the shape of your cutout, less the diameter of the Dremel bit, first? Use as a jig to trace around with the dremel for clean lines?

Could run a couple screws through it into the piece you're going to remove to hold it.

yowza, $300 each. Guess I'll stick with the dremel, lol.
Call up a small machine shop, ask if they've got a suitable D-punch to make the hole, if they do then offer to bring in a pizza in exchange for getting the hole made. Chances are they'll go for it.

Or just use a stepped drill, and a bit of hot melt glue to hold the connector and keep it from spinning.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Drill small holes as close as you can to the inside corners of the D - first. Then drill the largest hole you can without breaking into the D. The Mickey is the three holes. Finish with Dremel and files as needed.
Mickey.jpg

Call up a small machine shop, ask if they've got a suitable D-punch to make the hole, if they do then offer to bring in a pizza in exchange for getting the hole made. Chances are they'll go for it.

Or just use a stepped drill, and a bit of hot melt glue to hold the connector and keep it from spinning.
I'll give my friends a call over at the machine shop and see if they've got anything.

I'm reluctant to do the other, as it's a bulkhead that seals against gasoline, so I want to do it as right as possible.

View attachment 5719

Need some fabrication halp (looking at you, @Mustard Dispenser and @Mr. Asa ). I have to cut a hole in a bulkhead consistent with the "small connector" pattern in the above JPG.

Any pointers on how to do that without just dremeling the whole thing?
what material is the bulkhead? If you only need one connector hole, a die grinder or dremel with an appropriate point bit (not wheel) is the right tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.