Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
As noted above, given the choice I'd rather have the Passat TDI to get that little bit more interior room. It still cracks 40mpg.

Agreed, the Passat is actually rated higher than the Jetta in terms of MPG right now, and the back seat is positively cavernous.

If I got the Jetta, it'd be the wagon for the extra storage space, though the trunk on the Passat is pretty good for a sedan.

For her I was saying get the Passat TDI wagon vs. the Jetta TDI wagon. Interesting the Passat TDI sedan gets better mpg than the Jetta TDI wagon though. Does that put it near 50mpg??

Not to nitpick, but only VW has the TDI, it is a brand like Powerstroke or Cummins.

Everyone here designates their Turbocharged diesels as TDI. The technology was orginally developed by VW and is trademarked in some countries but here you can get Ford TDI's, Renault TDI's, in fact pretty much every manufacturer uses the designation.

I don't have the wagon, can't stand any wagon tbh,

I'm not a big fan of a wagon either, but I figure it's better than a minivan :shudders: I looked at that VW wagon and I think no. It is going to be more expensive to maintain than what I would want in a car and despite the fact that it gets good fuel economy it's only slightly better than my current car and the gas costs more money. I'm sure I still come out ahead on fuel savings but with the more expensive maintenance it doesn't make sense. Hating the way the car looks on top of that doesn't help at all. I guess I'll keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.