A New Beginning?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,380
Steam
mattressfish
All things evolve. Much like FlamingGlory’s ego, our little hole in the internet has grown in many ways over the last 2 ½ years. Some feel the growth is good, and some hope Beeread will quit posting altogether. It doesn’t really matter because sites like this almost have a life of their own, changing in ways people never expected. Unfortunately, some of those changes have pushed people away from the forum. It’s a sad but unavoidable fact, ya know like wonko80s muffin topper. Given the recent change in staff, I think we all have a chance to regroup and make sure this place is still fun for a majority of us douche bags, because we simply can’t please everyone. That said, here are the changes I have put in place:

PGers will now be mostly unbridled. Forum 101 dictates that for a small forum to grow, as little restrictions should be placed on people as possible. Our current process of jailing a person to a thread can be a little overbearing. Initially, it was done with the best of intentions, to limit the spammers and general tards. I believe that we have long since broken through that phase. Therefore, from this day forward, PGers will be able to post in any thread. One caveat, they will not be able to generate a thread of their own. I believe that this will help acclimate these new people to the forum, without them getting upset about some silly thread they opened being voted closed. A ‘PG Thread’ will still be generated for them to ask honest questions about the operations of this place, and spam (ie. any post not specifically directed at the thread starter) by anyone in these threads will not be tolerated. That leads into my next change..

Every thread will be required to have a post icon. There will be quite a few choices of icons, but special attention must be placed to some. Ontopic: No off topic conversations will be allowed. This means if your reply doesn’t have anything to do with the original post, don’t post it or deal with the repercussions. NSFW, although any images will still require spoiler tags, this will obviously signify something that shouldn’t be viewed from work and is a courtesy. (A feature likely to be added later will filter out topics you don't care to see.) Moderators (including myself) will be policing these things quite heavily, so try not to get your feelings hurt.

Mods. They have been swapped out. As I stated, we’re trying for a fresh start on the same old them. April, b_sinning, and Chikken, you have my sincere thanks for helping with a task that isn’t very fun at times, but for the most part required very little work, as we’re all pretty understanding here. We do need mods though, so please help me in welcoming w_a_w onboard to help me mod this place. Other mods are likely to be added later as deemed necessary.

That ends my changes for today. There are likely to be more coming and hopefully some nice value added features that you won’t see at any other forums. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Not to suck your dick or anything, but these are pretty cool changes. :raises glass: TO THE FORUM GROWING AND CONTINUING TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!

I... Am going to keep doing what I've always done for lack of a better idea of what to do.

Sounds promising but I have a question regarding newcomers. What will be the end of their "mostly unbridled" PG experience? In other words, who will decide when they can start creating their own threads? Is there going to be a preset time limit, or will the timing differ for each newcomer depending on their posting habits?

Oh, and...

April23 said:
Not to suck your dick or anything, but these are pretty cool changes. :raises glass: TO THE FORUM GROWING AND CONTINUING TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!

not to suck your dick or anything, but this post made me :lol:

oh, can we change the thread tag if we find that a thread has been derailed so much it's lost it's point? like i don't care if people pull conversations from the original but sometimes i'm not done with original topic. can you go back and change to keep people more on track?

oh, can we change the thread tag if we find that a thread has been derailed so much it's lost it's point? like i don't care if people pull conversations from the original but sometimes i'm not done with original topic. can you go back and change to keep people more on track?

if the thread was posted using the "on topic" icon, any posts not pertaining to the topic of the OP will be deleted...does that answer your question?

if the thread was posted using the "on topic" icon, any posts not pertaining to the topic of the OP will be deleted...does that answer your question?

i understand that if you do that when creating a thread that will happen. my question is: if you DON'T initally use that icon when creating a thread, can you go back and ADD or CHANGE an icon if you wanted?

i understand that if you do that when creating a thread that will happen. my question is: if you DON'T initally use that icon when creating a thread, can you go back and ADD or CHANGE an icon if you wanted?

valid question...guess I'll leave this one to fly to decide...my guess would be no changes

I like the icon idea so I know what I'm about to click into... but I have to say, that "THREAD" icon, pretty f'in useless :p

It's if there isn't a label for your thread since you HAVE to choose one now. If you think of any good ones, I'm sure fly would love to know.