8 weeks to Christmas

We're driving down to St. Louis, MO for Turkey weekend and then spending Christmas here at home.

I'm going to have to buy my kid presents and stuff but I have no idea what to give a 3 month old :lol:

Honestly, she (right?) doesn't care, throw a book, an outfit, and a toy under the tree, pretend like she opened it, take lots of first Christmas pictures, then remember next year will be funner when she can actually unwrap the boxes herself.

It doesn't really start getting good with kids until about 4 when they start anticipating the holiday as well as knowing what's going to happen Christmas morning.

Honestly, she (right?) doesn't care, throw a book, an outfit, and a toy under the tree, pretend like she opened it, take lots of first Christmas pictures, then remember next year will be funner when she can actually unwrap the boxes herself.

It doesn't really start getting good with kids until about 4 when they start anticipating the holiday as well as knowing what's going to happen Christmas morning.

that, and you can threaten them by saying that Santa is watching!

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured, everything has to be staged for pictures and stuff. We've just really never celebrated Christmas before, last year was the first year we had a tree and that was so last minute (impulse shopping on Christmas Eve)

that, and you can threaten them by saying that Santa is watching!

Ah yes, I forgot that ever important part. "Haylee, if you don't keep your room clean, Santa is going to put you on the naughty list" 20 secs later, the room is spotless.

Ah yes, I forgot that ever important part. "Haylee, if you don't keep your room clean, Santa is going to put you on the naughty list" 20 secs later, the room is spotless.

my son is under the impression that all our smoke detectors are cameras back to the north pole.

i'm not arguing...but he looks at them funny sometimes.

my son is under the impression that all our smoke detectors are cameras back to the north pole.

Love it.

So when they beep, does that mean they are transmitting important info? Could you rig a remote control so they go off whenever he's disobeying?

Wow, some debbie downer hates my thread :(

It's just Kyle, ignore him. I make sure his house is all fun and festive and decorated and they kids are all excited so he can't ignore it anyway. Maybe we'll put the tree up early this year while my parents are in town so they can help the kids with it.

Now this is genius!! I must remember this!!!

It's just Kyle, ignore him. I make sure his house is all fun and festive and decorated and they kids are all excited so he can't ignore it anyway. Maybe we'll put the tree up early this year while my parents are in town so they can help the kids with it.

Clearly it's a cry for help. I think you should put the tree up on Sunday.