Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who still buys CDs? I don’t think I’ve bought one in at least 12 years. I don’t even own anything that can play a CD, DVD, etc.
I'll venture a guess that most people in developed countries have a DVD player or gaming console that can play dvds and CDs. I even have a CD player in my car and I still make mix CDs to listen to going down the road. CDs may be less common than DVDs but they are still all over the place.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I'll venture a guess that most people in developed countries have a DVD player or gaming console that can play dvds and CDs. I even have a CD player in my car and I still make mix CDs to listen to going down the road. CDs may be less common than DVDs but they are still all over the place.
i dont have any more cds ood baba but i have a few LP's :)

You don’t have a car?
None of our vehicles have one. Our oldest car is a 14 and even it doesn’t have a CD player. Its not an option in cars anymore. I rent cars almost weekly and I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw one in a vehicle. They are either LCD touch screen with Bluetooth or just a norma radio with Bluetooth or aux.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
Outside of vinyl I haven’t bought physical media regardless of movie or music in many many years.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Outside of vinyl I haven’t bought physical media regardless of movie or music in many many years.
I'm saying a lot of people still do, not that you still do. The internet is still not good enough for rural America to rely on digital media. Otherwise I would consume media like you do.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
190107799facebook1546869602059001.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Next year if someone gives me a fancy CD set, I’ll make sure I question why they didn’t opt for snooty vinyl (which I ran out of breath arguing FOR in 1988 when a vinyl copy of Physicla Graffiti wasn’t available anywhere).

And then I’ll make a fancy display altar near my turntable and look at it while it plays. Drool.

You snooty bastards. Snooty I say.

The conversations I had with the kid at Tower Records and I couldn’t convince one person that vinyl sounded superior, digital notched frequencies and caused unnecessary compression, etc, and I lost that argument.

It’s all come full circle.

The conversations I had with the kid at Tower Records and I couldn’t convince one person that vinyl sounded superior, digital notched frequencies and caused unnecessary compression, etc, and I lost that argument.

It’s all come full circle.
Digital's notched frequencies are only a problem if you have the frequency range of a dog.

If you're a normal human, you're probably somewhere in the range of 20Hz-16KHz, and Nyquist doesn't matter.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.