Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty certain this is why most people wear it.
I started riding in just shorts and a shirt, first cheap kit was worlds better. It's been developed for that purpose for over a century, they know what they're doing.

Don't discount the importance of the ass to saddle interface. On a properly fitted road bike all of the weight on the saddle is actually borne by two little bony "nubs" on the bottom of the pelvis onto the part of the saddle where the nose transitions into the body. A normal four-way seam will compress your taint. This is a bad thing.

hip-bone-diagram.jpg

The ischial tuberosities are what you're sitting on, not your ass.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
I started riding in just shorts and a shirt, first cheap kit was worlds better. It's been developed for that purpose for over a century, they know what they're doing.

Don't discount the importance of the ass to saddle interface. On a properly fitted road bike all of the weight on the saddle is actually borne by two little bony "nubs" on the bottom of the pelvis onto the part of the saddle where the nose transitions into the body. A normal four-way seam will compress your taint. This is a bad thing.

hip-bone-diagram.jpg

The ischial tuberosities are what you're sitting on, not your ass.
when I was riding a bunch, even though I had a comfortable seat and the bike fit me fine, my ischial tuberosities felt like they were gone a slice right out of my actual ass :mad:

when I was riding a bunch, even though I had a comfortable seat and the bike fit me fine, my ischial tuberosities felt like they were gone a slice right out of my actual ass :mad:
Fit and comfort (here meaning the absence of unintentional pain) are a whole lot of trial and error which usually equates to wasted money, but once you figure it out it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.