Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Halp 2017 Political abortion thrad.

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Valve1138, Feb 3, 2017.

1. @nukes can't have a negative opinion of mommy.

A boy's best friend is his mother.

2. Its better than his "two siblings" joke. Pick your battles, Tray.

3. it's simplified because it serves as a game mechanic. it's useful for roleplaying flavor but generally the only time a DM really cares about strict adherence to alignment is for divine casters because they have to stay within the alignment profile of their chosen deity

a lawful good cleric of pelor, for example, would find herself unable to cast any spells after spending numerous sessions acting chaotic neutral

4. #2224 my little brony, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    it's not the political landscape that causes me pain, it's the realization that half the country is dumb and/or racist* that disappoints me

*or at least fully accepting of racism

Jehannum gravied this.
  5. Well that's your own fault for not realizing that racism is a drop in the bucket of humanity's flaws.

nukes gravied this.
  6. that's my secret, darth

I'm always ashamed of myself

[​IMG]

\m/, Ledboots and nukes gravied this.
  7. I disagree that it's only a drop in the bucket, it's a pretty big flaw.

8. How we treat each other doesn't mean jackshit when you consider how we treat everything else under the sun.

HipHugHer gravied this.
  9. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't see it that way at all. but that's a reasonable difference of opinion

10. i mean we did just make it easier for coal companies to dump their waste into waterways so i totally understand the issue with treating "everything else under the sun" terribly

because, y'know, saving three or four jobs in "coal country" and increasing dividends for investors is way more important than the environment

11. She miscarried it. I'd say that was his vote.
    #logic

HipHugHer, my little brony and Jehannum gravied this.
  12. Nice.

13. In other words, my Self Aborting older brother had deep insight into MomZilla.

Jehannum gravied this.

14. It's a lose-lose anyway. Any efforts taken to 'save' the environment will just end up lining some offshore bank accounts.

Ledboots, HipHugHer and adi gravied this.
  15. It's a sad sad situation

\m/, Ledboots, HipHugHer and 2 others gravied this.
  16. Are we really under the sun or more kind of beside it? Which way is up in space?

adi and nukes gravied this.
  17. In space, no one can hear you scream.

adi and HipHugHer gravied this.
  18. I was going to work in a fucking-up-Mars joke in there but the subject matter depressed me too much so I said fuck it.

nukes and HipHugHer gravied this.
  19. Except for all the successful work that's been done over the past few decades in saving the environment. the hole in the ozone layer is repairing itself specifically because there was so much activism over CFCs that they were banned. We didn't have to grow up with lead poisoning like baby boomers because there was so much activism over leaded gas. There are species that would have gone extinct from human development or hunting that are still filling their niche in the ecology because there was so much activism over endangered species.

DerHoggz and Duke gravied this.