2010 Citi Citi BCS National Championship thread (Texas vs. Alabama)

I thought for sure Texas had decapitated that snake at the beginning but it kept right on...snaking.

Having your star/heisman candidate quarterback knocked out of the game tends to take a little wind out of your sails. Maybe not you, cause you're awesome, but for normal people - like their defense, it does.

Yes. I'm the only competetive person in the world.

luck is an important part of winning a championship, at any level in any sport.

they were unlucky to lose their QB. it happens. polamalu going down didn't help my steelers this year. it happens.

for the record:

Colt McCoy cried last night.

image.php

PASADENA, CA—Following a 37-21 loss to Alabama in which he suffered a game-ending injury just five plays in and was forced to watch the Crimson Tide defense take advantage of his absence, Texas quarterback Colt McCoy told reporters that the heart-breaking defeat fulfilled a depressing dream he has had since he was a boy growing up in New Mexico. "I think every kid, whether he is playing high school football or a pickup game with friends, imagines what it would be like to one day lead your team to the Rose Bowl, stand on the sidelines, and then helplessly watch your team get dismantled on the grandest stage imaginable," said a teary-eyed McCoy, adding that the irony of never missing a game due to injury until the most important game of his life was just icing on the cake. "This was a dreadful storybook ending. I really couldn't ask for more." McCoy added that he plans on fulfilling another of his wretched boyhood dreams by being a bust in the upcoming NFL draft and having a largely disappointing NFL career.

They're showing just how hick they are.

University of Alabama - Sponsored by Walmart

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- The University of Alabama is going to display its new national championship football trophy at a place where most anyone can see it: Walmart.

The school says the Coaches' Trophy will be on display at a Walmart Supercenter in Tuscaloosa on Saturday and another Walmart store in Gardendale on Sunday.

Fans will be able to get their picture taken with the actual Coaches' Trophy that was presented after the BCS win over Texas. The $30,000 trophy is topped with a football made of Waterford Crystal.

The school will permanently display the trophy on campus. The Walmart stops are part of a sponsorship deal.

I don't know how anyone could argue against that, but the internet always finds an opposing force. Coqui, go ahead...

All I can say is that before the BCS, the National championship also meant squat. Sorry to disappoint but that's all I can think of.