1984, but in 2009

I know. I have been fairly disappointed with the democrats. Even though they were the "opposition party" they never voted against anything Bush wanted

It's best just to let these two argue amongst themselves and the rest of us just kind of let them be.

I honestly have 0 compulsion to argue with a wikipedia law book. Yawn.

I wasn't expecting any kind of argument, more just how shocking the article is and how shitty it is that we're all being watched and information being collected etc. Some people can find an argument with nothing.

Anytime they want around warrants all they have to say is Terrorist etc. You might as well face it that your e-mails are being monitored so don't ever take that for granted.

I wasn't expecting any kind of argument, more just how shocking the article is and how shitty it is that we're all being watched and information being collected etc. Some people can find an argument with nothing.

YOU madam, are WRONG. You are so wrong you make every other wrong seem like truth!!!

Anytime they want around warrants all they have to say is Terrorist etc. You might as well face it that your e-mails are being monitored so don't ever take that for granted.

True, they can stop and search anybody by just citing anti-terrorism laws. A few years ago a friend of mine was posting leaflets through peoples doors on her bicycle and they tried to confiscate her bike for being an accessory to terrorism and they searched her etc. Fricking hilarious what they can get away with. :lol:

It really does make me feel like being a ludie though, aside from this place I could pretty much live without email, telephone etc.

I was talking to April. Also wikipedia has ruined everything becaue shockingly some of us can remember more than the last 24 hours verbatim. Just have to look up a few dates and bam. :p

If everyone just absently agreed with you the thread wouldnt be this long. Show some initiative to evaluate your opinion. It's the only way to patch the holes in it.

Eventually there will be a revolution that will tear modern society apart and all of the people who masterminded these schemes will be strung up by piano wire in the town square like the good ol' days. At least that's what I hope happens.

Honestly though, we do it to ourselves with our constant, irrational demands for a life that is devoid of danger.

Honestly though, we do it to ourselves with our constant, irrational demands for a life that is devoid of danger.

Meh, the threat of terrorism doesn't worry me in the slightest. So very occasionally like 100 people die, that's nothing. Quite frankly we probably deserve it for fucking countries in the ass for so long, it's not really surprising that people hate us.