Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that you can see individual expression amongst society. I would never drive a donk, but they're like a splash of vibrancy over an otherwise bland see of cars.
Hah, I love donks. The cheetos one that's all over the internet, with a dude hanging out of it with a bag and a face full of cheetos, is fucking hilarious. That scene is so fucking ridiculous, and every car is unique, I love it.

I have no interest in things that have been done 1000x over. Oh, you put coilovers and an exhaust on your civic? yawn.

Fucking local VW dealer.

Serp belt just came in for my A4. Picked it up, came home with it, put it on the car, and it's too long. Called them up.

Dealer: "The VIN says the serpentine belt we sold you is the right one for your car. You were there, we looked it up, and we ordered the right one."
Me: "Can't be. The tensioner is loose, it's almost at the slack limit of its travel."
Dealer: "There's supposed to be some slack in the tensioner, it can't be 100% tight"
Me: "The damn thing is rattling at idle"
Dealer: "Maybe your tensioner's bad"
Me: "It's not. There's a pin it's hitting at the slack position when it's idling. The belt's too long. Trust me."
Dealer: "Read your VIN again"
Me: <reads off VIN over the phone>
Dealer: "Yeah, the car calls for the belt ending in E. That's what we sold you."
Me: <staring into the engine compartment, looking at the belt> "Belt says D"
Dealer: "Oh that's weird, they must have put the wrong belt in the box"
Me: "One sec, let me get the receipt. Oh look at that, my reciept says D too. You brought in the wrong part."
Dealer: "Oh... well, we can get an E belt tomorrow morning for you, there's one in toronto"
Me: "OK, I'll be in tomorrow with the old belt"
Dealer: "It's installed on the car now, right, and you ran it? Then it's used. We can't take it back. Sorry."

:mad:

Go strangle the asshole with it. Then it will be the perfect length.
If the belt was too short, that might fix the problem. Unfortunately it's too long.

I'm going in tomorrow with the belt anyway. It's a small dealership, with the parts counter well within earshot of the sales floor, so I figure losing my shit in person should work better than doing it over the phone.

why would you ever not want one.
Why would I want one?

A spray in liner is heavy. I had a rubber mat to cover the bottom surface of the bed in my truck, it was more than adequate and only weighed 7 pounds.

I autocross raced my truck and went to track days as well. No need adding more weight than necessary, and I never used the truck to the point where I needed sprayed in protection.

Shiny new Tonneau cover I bought does not in fact fit a 2014 GM truck. They didn't take into account that all of these trucks have bed rail protectors installed at the factory. Front a middle clamps don't fit tightly, and the bolts for the rears are too short.

Now I have to return the fucking thing. Oh what joy.

Hah, I love donks. The cheetos one that's all over the internet, with a dude hanging out of it with a bag and a face full of cheetos, is fucking hilarious. That scene is so fucking ridiculous, and every car is unique, I love it.

I have no interest in things that have been done 1000x over. Oh, you put coilovers and an exhaust on your civic? yawn.

At least they are doing what they like. And I like that.

*swollen (not that I care about spelling mistake, I make tons of them)

how much would it cost to replace?

Have someone get in the car, stomp the brakes hard and see what pops.

Anyway, got my wrong belt situation taken care of. Talked to the manager there, and he told off the parts guys for me.

Fucking local VW dealer.

Serp belt just came in for my A4. Picked it up, came home with it, put it on the car, and it's too long. Called them up.

Dealer: "The VIN says the serpentine belt we sold you is the right one for your car. You were there, we looked it up, and we ordered the right one."
Me: "Can't be. The tensioner is loose, it's almost at the slack limit of its travel."
Dealer: "There's supposed to be some slack in the tensioner, it can't be 100% tight"
Me: "The damn thing is rattling at idle"
Dealer: "Maybe your tensioner's bad"
Me: "It's not. There's a pin it's hitting at the slack position when it's idling. The belt's too long. Trust me."
Dealer: "Read your VIN again"
Me: <reads off VIN over the phone>
Dealer: "Yeah, the car calls for the belt ending in E. That's what we sold you."
Me: <staring into the engine compartment, looking at the belt> "Belt says D"
Dealer: "Oh that's weird, they must have put the wrong belt in the box"
Me: "One sec, let me get the receipt. Oh look at that, my reciept says D too. You brought in the wrong part."
Dealer: "Oh... well, we can get an E belt tomorrow morning for you, there's one in toronto"
Me: "OK, I'll be in tomorrow with the old belt"
Dealer: "It's installed on the car now, right, and you ran it? Then it's used. We can't take it back. Sorry."

Tell them you are going to skull fuck them

and ask for their supervisor

Interesting cars showed up at the cars and coffee this morning.

McLaren MP4-12C
DSC_0021.JPG

Lamborghini Gallardo
DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

And some dumbshit in a Datsun... ;)

Old school NSX too. Honda/Acura don't do much for me these days, but the NSX was a sweet car.

Today's accomplishment: scrounging about a dozen different pieces off a B6 A4 that someone was parting out. My right rear brake light now works, my power windows now work in the back seats, and I've got a pile of parts for memory seats that I'm gonna try to cram in the car some other weekend.

Old school NSX too. Honda/Acura don't do much for me these days, but the NSX was a sweet car.

Today's accomplishment: scrounging about a dozen different pieces off a B6 A4 that someone was parting out. My right rear brake light now works, my power windows now work in the back seats, and I've got a pile of parts for memory seats that I'm gonna try to cram in the car some other weekend.
There were actually 4 NSXs there - a red one, a black one, and two dark green ones. They show up to every C&C, though. Along with the usual complement of Corvettes and GTRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.