You have a choice to become omnipotent, would you?

I

I Robert I

Watched an old StarTrek:TNG episode last night (aah, nostalgia). It had good ol "Q" in it and a chick that was the offspring of two other Q's. She was given the choice to ignore her powers or embrace them.

Not exactly a new idea but I got curious. What would you do? I think I would turn it down. Life would be too fucking boring if you could have anything and do anything you wanted without having to fight for it first.

I'd would do it. I was thinking a similar question the other day. Dorky comic book based version of question.

I was thinking something more like the Silver Surfer. You have a chance to become God-like but not all knowing. You'll have almost unbelievable power to travel the universe and go places unimagineable. All you have to do is completely leave your current life behind. No contact from that moment forth with anyone you've ever known or any place you know on earth. Would you do it?

Last edited:
I'd go for it, once in a lifetime chance. Just because you are omnipotent doesnt mean you have to act like it all the time.

Would you rather be omnipotent or omniscient?

omniscient sounds awful nice but I think I'd have to go with omnipotent.

Example of omnipotent

God can not only transcend the laws of physics and probability, but can also transcend logical truths (for example, God could create a square circle, or could make one equal two), because God is not bound by any limitations.

b_sinning said:
omniscient sounds awful nice but I think I'd have to go with omnipotent.

Example of omnipotent

God can not only transcend the laws of physics and probability, but can also transcend logical truths (for example, God could create a square circle, or could make one equal two), because God is not bound by any limitations.
Ah but with omniscience youd know ahead of time what omnipotent people/things are going to do. You would know known unknowns and unknown unknowns.

Life may become boring if you were all knowing. No suprises or curiosity. All powerful you can still be suprised and you learn more by using your powers.

b_sinning said:
Life may become boring if you were all knowing. No suprises or curiosity. All powerful you can still be suprised and you learn more by using your powers.
Thats why I picked omnipotent ^.^

No I would not. Mostly cause I believe we are here in this life to learn things and make mistakes and grow and become stronger from that, being omnipotent negates those purposes.

Q was the fucking coolest. I would soooo do that. Think of all the chicks I could get to double up on me.

edit: And I could get nev back.

edit: And get elpmis to shut the fuck up about him

b_sinning said:
I was thinking something more like the Silver Surfer. You have a chance to become God-like but not all knowing. You'll have almost unbelievable power to travel the universe and go places unimagineable. All you have to do is completely leave your current life behind. No contact from that moment forth with anyone you've ever known or any place you know on earth. Would you do it?

The one thing that makes this life bearable and meaningful is the family and friends you know and love. It's the only thing that matters. So no. No way.

Sarcasmo said:
The one thing that makes this life bearable and meaningful is the family and friends you know and love. It's the only thing that matters. So no. No way.
What if once you left, you had the opportunity to make their lives better?