Yeah...so...

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
Fuxx just got a kickass job (making as much as me lolololol), so that means....

...we can't come to Atlanta in October :(

Besides the job and not being able to get time off, she's also looking at knee surgery around the same time, which of course doesn't help.

So despite planning on coming, wanting to come, reserving seats, practicing naked Nintendo, et al. we just can't make it.

We're sorry :(

Really sorry :(

:(

Refunding tickets is a bitch.

I'm so torn... happy about kick ass job making lots of $$$ working downtown.... not having a vacation for lord only knows how long :(

*Fuxx Burger* said:
:(

Refunding tickets is a bitch.

I'm so torn... happy about kick ass job making lots of $$$ working downtown.... not having a vacation for lord only knows how long :(

Do you accrue PTO or do they give you like 2 weeks after 90 days?

Sarcasmo said:
Do you accrue PTO or do they give you like 2 weeks after 90 days?
Actually, I emailed my boss this afternoon about it. I should know tomorrow.

Even so, I start Sept 5th, so 90 days is still not enough time to make it for Oct

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Donno it's FB looking after that shizzle.

How is FB looking after how much vacation you get at your new job?

Edit: nevermind, you friggin' edited on me. :(

Got it.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
We didn't :tard:
Let me rephrase, you were asked for your flight info and no reply was given. I figured that was a way of saying you weren't coming for some reason. Neither of you had been posting much, so that sort of reinforced it. I'm glad its because something good happened and not because something bad happened.

b_sinning said:
Congrats on the job! What will she be doing?

Sorry about the knee.
Thanks, the knee thing is a 3 yearold injury that I'm finally having taken care of. Not looking forward to it, but it's either that or having my knee replaced when I'm like 40.

My first 2 weeks will be just getting to know the company. Helping answer phones etc... but after that the majority of my time will be split between aiding the accountant (doing some accounting work) and helping with some projects. My office area is right across from the CEO- so I'll be working with him a lot...

theacoustician said:
Let me rephrase, you were asked for your flight info and no reply was given. I figured that was a way of saying you weren't coming for some reason. Neither of you had been posting much, so that sort of reinforced it. I'm glad its because something good happened and not because something bad happened.
No no we've been odly buisy the last month. I've popped in a few times but as of the last time I talked to Thorn we had our flights picked and were going to book in the next day or so.

Yeah we totally planned on going... this job was unexpected and it's definety a carreer move, not just a job. So I had to think about my/our future and what it would be.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
My office area is right across from the CEO- so I'll be working with him a lot...

I bet you will.

dr_evil.jpg

Bloggy blog blog thread...

Sorry, I haven't seen an Inline thread lately. But in any case Congratulations on the new job, I can tell you are exicted :)

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Thanks, the knee thing is a 3 yearold injury that I'm finally having taken care of. Not looking forward to it, but it's either that or having my knee replaced when I'm like 40.

My first 2 weeks will be just getting to know the company. Helping answer phones etc... but after that the majority of my time will be split between aiding the accountant (doing some accounting work) and helping with some projects. My office area is right across from the CEO- so I'll be working with him a lot...

Be careful with that answering phones stuff. Once you learn the system they always will have a receptionist. My company thought it would be a good idea to have everyone in Operations answer the phone because our nitwitted receptionist can't handle calls.

Now I get in trouble every fucking day for not answering the phone. That is not in my job description damn it.