Yay guns! (Newsweek article)

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,172
This is a total turn around from the early '90s. All that hard work, in my teenager years, preaching about firearms etc. Feels like it paid off. Even with a communist liberal idiot government most people are still against another 'Assault Weapon' ban. It is politically untenable ^.^

http://www.newsweek.com/id/191037?from=rss

I like how Newsweek is still so behind the times (I cant read half their shit).

"A federal ban on high-powered, semi-automatic assault weapons, originally passed by Congress in 1994, expired five years ago."

Journalists seem to be resistent to education. Seeing as assault weapons are still technically select fire (full auto). They hit all the big scary words, as usual. Id like a news magazine that is actually readable. That isnt the economist (boring) or the atlantic (terribad left slant there).

Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg

This is a total turn around from the early '90s. All that hard work, in my teenager years, preaching about firearms etc. Feels like it paid off. Even with a communist liberal idiot government most people are still against another 'Assault Weapon' ban. It is politically untenable ^.^

http://www.newsweek.com/id/191037?from=rss

I like how Newsweek is still so behind the times (I cant read half their shit).

"A federal ban on high-powered, semi-automatic assault weapons, originally passed by Congress in 1994, expired five years ago."

Journalists seem to be resistent to education. Seeing as assault weapons are still technically select fire (full auto). They hit all the big scary words, as usual. Id like a news magazine that is actually readable. That isnt the economist (boring) or the atlantic (terribad left slant there).

I tried to subscribe to the economist, in hopes that it was slightly better than the time/newsweek rags. It was total shit.

Sucks the prices have gone up so much on assault weapons, as I kinda like guns now. :hs:

the receivers (i think thats the part anyways) like trippled in price the day obama was elected and suddenly became hard to find... other than that...

whatever part gun registration officially goes by went sky high anyways.

the receivers (i think thats the part anyways) like trippled in price the day obama was elected and suddenly became hard to find... other than that...

whatever part gun registration officially goes by went sky high anyways.
Lower receivers yeah, if you buy them retail. Stripped ones are only $150 ish. You just need to get a gun dealer to set up a transfer. Ive pissed off the local one because I never buy any of his overpriced hunting shit and just have them do FFL transfers.

Hardest part is getting the trigger assembly together, everything else just screws/snaps on. Building an upper is harder, barrels have to be torqued and blah.

I wish these skills were marketable.

Last edited:
I think gun safety should be taught in the schools along with some classes in common sense.

where i went to public school, in missouri, they did teach us gun safety in middle school. taught us all about how they work, the mechanics and chemistry of a bullet, shells, etc. the different sizes, everything. proper gun safety, gun use, how to walk when hunting, crossing fences, everything. even how to clean them.

was very thorough.

where i went to public school, in missouri, they did teach us gun safety in middle school. taught us all about how they work, the mechanics and chemistry of a bullet, shells, etc. the different sizes, everything. proper gun safety, gun use, how to walk when hunting, crossing fences, everything. even how to clean them.

was very thorough.

It would be interesting to see the accidental shooting stats for that region. I think if the kids are taught to respect guns and not see them as toys it would cut down on some accidents.

It would be interesting to see the accidental shooting stats for that region. I think if the kids are taught to respect guns and not see them as toys it would cut down on some accidents.

that was the whole reason behind the course actually.

two kids my teacher knew in florida or something went to walmart, bought a .22 semi auto, and there was a bullet jam. one was watching it while the other slammed down into the bullet to unjam it, it misfired, bullet came out of the side of the gun and killed one of the kids. if they had known how a bullet worked, they never would've done that.