Xbox 360 and divx/xvid

awesome 'possum, now they just need to add support for other formats like mkv and such

I just got my original xbox working as a media center and a little disappointed that it's not powerful enough to handle x264 rips. By the time I decide to pick up a 360 next year I'm sure other formats will be supported. :D

I havent tried it yet. I read that it doesnt support some of the older versions of divx tho, if that matters to anyone.
Ya, doesn't support Divx 3 and 4.
awesome 'possum, now they just need to add support for other formats like mkv and such

I just got my original xbox working as a media center and a little disappointed that it's not powerful enough to handle x264 rips. By the time I decide to pick up a 360 next year I'm sure other formats will be supported. :D

I could have told you that. Its only a 700Mhz processor...

Ya, doesn't support Divx 3 and 4.

I could have told you that. Its only a 700Mhz processor...

well yeah, I knew that going into it

I used to stream stuff through an old laptop so I accepted that I would have to trade off HD content for ease of use

ya, thankfully my 360 can now fully take the place of my old xbmc. Anyone wanna buy an XBOX1?

I guess I could do considering my xbox won't play my mkv files. :lol:

Will the 360 read ISO/IMG files straight or will they only play physical DVDs?

We won't be trying it, cause our Xbox died. We are going to exchange the actual legal games for Wii games (Guitar Hero mostly) as soon as we locate all the cases.