Windows 7 Beta Now Available

really? I assumed such because it says "build 7000" at the bottom right of the screen which made sense to be nt 7 I thought

7000 is the build number.

Latest stable release
Client: Windows Vista SP1
NT 6.0.6001 (February 4, 2008)

Server: Windows Server 2008
NT 6.0.6001 (February 27, 2008)

Latest unstable release: Windows 7
NT 6.1.7000 (January 7, 2009)

7000 is the build number.

Latest stable release
Client: Windows Vista SP1
NT 6.0.6001 (February 4, 2008)

Server: Windows Server 2008
NT 6.0.6001 (February 27, 2008)

Latest unstable release: Windows 7
NT 6.1.7000 (January 7, 2009)

just assumed from the build # it was nt7...mea culpa

NT is the ONLY active development by the Microsoft OS team...
but they don't release a product called NT. it's called windows xp or vista or 7. just because it started as NT doesn't mean it still is.

edit: i guess it is internally. this is just so much geek trivia.

I ran into my first problem, computer will not come out of sleep mode! Seems like after I leave it for the night when I try to use it in the morning I have to hard boot it. Sucks, trying to figure out whats going on but no luck as of yet.

I ran into my first problem, computer will not come out of sleep mode! Seems like after I leave it for the night when I try to use it in the morning I have to hard boot it. Sucks, trying to figure out whats going on but no luck as of yet.

power management issue like my fan running full blast at all times on my laptop

power management issue like my fan running full blast at all times on my laptop

Yeah, I have it set to performance mode now so it doesn't sleep. I guess I will just have to shut it down after I use it :confused:

Weirdest thing was this morning when I completely powered it down and then restarted it was on the same screen it was on last night, same windows open. I mean I completely rebooted, weird.

I tried Win 7. I had issues downloading. Nothing I downloaded would complete. I think this has to do with IE8 rather than Win7. I did use less RAM (apparently) to just stay idle, and the cooling fan in my laptop didn't kick on as much, and there wasn't as much disk thrashing just sitting there, so that's good. The boot times are nice, and the aquisition of wifi signals is just disturbingly quick.