Ontopic Why the GoP is the new Whig Party - The random Political Thread

uh no. it was due to the debt ceiling debate because our credit rating is directly influenced by our willingness to pay off our debts more than our ability. federal spending had nothing to do with it.

I'll give you a few minutes to google debt ceiling

Why were we hitting the debt ceiling? (Hint: Overspending in Washington)

The credit lowering was the first time the Federal Government had a real world consequence to its overspending. No Individual/Family/Business could get away with what they do in Washington.

When the Federal Government runs out of money and it will. They will have to live with in their means.

Proof you dont understand money :lol:
The US might run out of the ability to get other countries to trust us enough to continue doing business with us, but governments cannot run out of money.

Once a dollar is in a bank, registered on your bank account as $1.00 all it is is a placeholder, a marker of trust.

Proof you dont understand money :lol:
The US might run out of the ability to get other countries to trust us enough to continue doing business with us, but governments cannot run out of money.

Once a dollar is in a bank, registered on your bank account as $1.00 all it is is a placeholder, a marker of trust.

No more proof that you don't have a clue. I suggest you google Robert Mugabe and Weimar Republic. Also try to keep up with the fiscal mess that is Greece, Italy, Spain, France, and most of the rest of Europe.

Why were we hitting the debt ceiling? (Hint: Overspending in Washington)

The credit lowering was the first time the Federal Government had a real world consequence to its overspending. No Individual/Family/Business could get away with what they do in Washington.
ok, clearly you didn't google debt ceiling. I'll let you try again because that's not what it is

Credit was lowered because there was a debate over whether or not we would pay what we owed.

ok, clearly you didn't google debt ceiling. I'll let you try again because that's not what it is

Credit was lowered because there was a debate over whether or not we would pay what we owed.

No little Mikey. Let me put it in to small words so you can understand. The debate was over whether or not to raise the debt ceiling at all, and if we did raise the debt ceiling, how much. Which goes back to my original point of spending by the Federal government. Boehner the spineless weasel that he is, folded like a cheap card.

Keep on swallowing the kool-aid of the dying old guard media.

BTW one difference between Obama and Romney. Romney would have fired Obama's spending enabler (Bernanke) the first day on the job.

the other difference between Obama and Romney.

That would only be the first of 10 million people Romney put out of a job in his first month in office.

Better put on your manties if you consider that an attack advertisement. An attack advertisement is calling opponent a murder or a felon, ex cetera.

BTW, negative campaigning has been happening ever since the election of 1800 between Adams and Jefferson.

Then Obama didn't do attack advertisement either.

Boehner is one of the more sensible people in Congress, which is shocking because he has an (R) next to his name. I've read a lot of his personal reform opinions on social security and other entitlement programs. He's a very reasonable conservative.

A.) That's not an ad. That's some sort of press release
B.) That video, other than the lady saying he was accusing him of being a felon, doesn't even state that. Also he denies calling Romney a felon.

Not exactly sure how that is bullshit when you didn't prove otherwise.
Because Ara is always correct, and Obama is a fucking fuck

A.) That's not an ad. That's some sort of press release
B.) That video, other than the lady saying he was accusing him of being a felon, doesn't even state that. Also he denies calling Romney a felon.

Not exactly sure how that is bullshit when you didn't prove otherwise.

Who says that you can only attack your opponent through ads especially when you have willing accomplices in the Old Media. The felony accusation was made by Stephanie Cutter, who was Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager for President Barack Obama's 2012 reelection campaign.

Oh here is audio between Stephanie Cutter and Joe Soptic collaborating (05/14/12) on an attack ad accusing Romney murder put on the air by the "independent" 503c super-PAC Priorities USA.

Another great source

Who says that you can only attack your opponent through ads especially when you have willing accomplices in the Old Media. The felony accusation was made by Stephanie Cutter, who was Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager for President Barack Obama's 2012 reelection campaign.

Oh here is audio between Stephanie Cutter and Joe Soptic collaborating (05/14/12) on an attack ad accusing Romney murder put on the air by the "independent" 503c super-PAC Priorities USA.

Another great source

:lol: I'm sorry, didn't realize we were allowed to change the argument when it no longer looked like your point was valid. I clearly talked about ads, you asked me to prove it. I did. You then said, those weren't negative ads, to which, according to your stipulation, I mentioned Obama didn't as well. You the post something, which wasn't an ad, to prove your point? And when called out on it, you change it to anything?

Romney seemed to justify his light public campaign event schedule by blaming the president for breaking federal spending limit laws
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/09/23/romney-accuses-obama-trying-fool-voters#ixzz2ED5wPuWZ

Oh look, Romney accused Obama of breaking the law as well.

No little Mikey. Let me put it in to small words so you can understand. The debate was over whether or not to raise the debt ceiling at all, and if we did raise the debt ceiling, how much. Which goes back to my original point of spending by the Federal government. Boehner the spineless weasel that he is, folded like a cheap card.

Again, the point is that you don't know what the debt ceiling is. The debt ceiling is not a limit on how much the government is allowed to spend. Raising it doesn't authorize any new spending. The debt ceiling determines how much of our current obligations we are willing to pay. Credit was downgraded because the tea party was essentially saying "we want to default on our debts". It was not due to the amount of spending.