GAY Whelp, goodbye caulk.

You want to learn about guns? What kind of guns? Handguns? Rifles?

I would strongly, strongly recommend The Shooter's Bible Guide to Rifle Ballistics for one. An authoritative volume on everything from the chemical history of gunpowder and the physical properties of bullets to the historical developments of the various rifles themselves. Very well written in language anyone can understand, and very educational regardless of how much you already know about guns. Check that one out for sure.

And if you have a Kindle DX it displays wonderfully on the screen.

Both are pretty appealing. But probably handguns first. Has anyone been to the arms and armour exhibit at the Met? :drool: So great.

I'll look into that! :D

My short list currently has:

1. M&P .40
2. Walther PPQ 9mm
3. A .223 AR platform that doesn't cost $2,500.
4. A .308 AR platform that doesn't cost $2,500.

My girlfriends short list currently has:

1. Engagement ring that costs more than $2,500.
2. M&P .40
3. Walther PPQ 9mm
4. A .223 AR platform that doesn't cost $2,500.
5. A .308 AR platform that doesn't cost $2,500.

Sigh.

1. M&P .40
2. Walther PPQ 9mm

2. M&P .40
3. Walther PPQ 9mm

Sigh.

Why not get the M&P in 9mm and avoid having two calibers?

1. M&P .40
2. Walther PPQ 9mm

2. M&P .40
3. Walther PPQ 9mm

Sigh.

yeah... if your girlfriend puts an overly dramatic amount of value in how much a ring costs, you need a new girlfriend.

Why not get the M&P in 9mm and avoid having two calibers?

The PPQ is for the woman. It's a good size for her hand, and kicks less than the .40. I want the .40 for me. I already have a full sized .45 and would like something smaller for carrying.

The PPQ is for the woman. It's a good size for her hand, and kicks less than the .40. I want the .40 for me. I already have a full sized .45 and would like something smaller for carrying.

Why not go 9mm just because .40 is a pointless niche round?

he's lucky he has this one, don't push him off the cliff, man.

Seriously. She's attractive, fun, makes a ton of money, and pays all the bills. She deserves a nice ring.

"Overly dramatic amount" is subjective. Buy what you can afford. Since I'm not paying any bills right now (not counting my personal bills, groceries, etc.) I can afford a nice ring. It's a fair trade. And it's a goddamn miracle when a good woman wants a man. Let's be honest.

Why not go 9mm just because .40 is a pointless niche round?

I may go 9. In fact that's the one I originally tested. The difference in ammo cost is negligible, and of course .40s have a slightly higher grain weight. A little extra punch for your buck. That's about it. It doesn't matter to me either way, but if I get a 40 and a 9 then I have a greater chance of finding usable ammo when scavenging in post-collapse society. You have to think about these things.

Seriously. She's attractive, fun, makes a ton of money, and pays all the bills. She deserves a nice ring.

"Overly dramatic amount" is subjective. Buy what you can afford. Since I'm not paying any bills right now (not counting my personal bills, groceries, etc.) I can afford a nice ring. It's a fair trade. And it's a goddamn miracle when a good woman wants a man. Let's be honest.

Ive got a good one (who could care less how much a ring costs) and its not a miracle. Its nice, and i appreciate it, and she's awesome. But its equal.

She's not doing me a favor being with her, im not doing her a favor being with her. Equality > *

I may go 9. In fact that's the one I originally tested. The difference in ammo cost is negligible, and of course .40s have a slightly higher grain weight. A little extra punch for your buck. That's about it. It doesn't matter to me either way, but if I get a 40 and a 9 then I have a greater chance of finding usable ammo when scavenging in post-collapse society. You have to think about these things.

I thought that, statistically, .22lr is the most prolific handgun caliber