what're your favorite products?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
as i was doing laundry this morning, i realize that i always love using my spray n' wash stain stick. it has rarely failed me, and i rely on it a lot. i love the thing and don't see anything ever coming close to being better.

then, as i was "sweeping" the kitchen with my swiffer dry vac, i realized how much i love that thing, too...cuts sweeping time in half, it's an all-in-one motion, and it picks up things as big as cheerios. they also come in febreeze pads, which smell good.

so i got to wonderin' what everyone else's tried-and-true, most favorite household products/staples are? cleaners, mops, vacuums, detergents, filters, appliances, toiletries...whatever you use that you really rely on and are pleased with.

Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner is pretty good, it makes it really easy to clean my oven top. One of the few things we cannot do without is Asda Organic Soya Milk. Out of all the brands of soya milk (we've tried well over 10) it's by far the best and longest lasting. Some soya milks curdle straight away or after a week or taste too sweet. Asda one lasts 3 weeks very easily and tastes great. I actually go to Asda once every month or two just to get the milk from there.

I can't think of anything else that I'm loya too aside from my chinese takeaway, they know me quite well there and I my delivery man is awesome.

I can only think of a couple of things that I have any sort of brand loyalty to....

I stick with King Arthur brand AP and bread flour. A lot of other brands that I've tried use wheat that's too soft.

I prefer Red Star active dry yeast, though I get identical results with Fleishman's, so I don't know why I have any bias at all.

as i was doing laundry this morning, i realize that i always love using my spray n' wash stain stick. it has rarely failed me, and i rely on it a lot. i love the thing and don't see anything ever coming close to being better.

then, as i was "sweeping" the kitchen with my swiffer dry vac, i realized how much i love that thing, too...cuts sweeping time in half, it's an all-in-one motion, and it picks up things as big as cheerios. they also come in febreeze pads, which smell good.

so i got to wonderin' what everyone else's tried-and-true, most favorite household products/staples are? cleaners, mops, vacuums, detergents, filters, appliances, toiletries...whatever you use that you really rely on and are pleased with.

So, you really like your swiffer dry vac? I'm always looking for ways to cut down on sweeping adn mopping time (especially since it gets done 2-3 times a day sometimes) and will be even more curious when we switch out everything to laminate floors in the next couple of years.

FEBREZE

n144900699_31032062_5638.jpg

Last edited:
So, you really like your swiffer dry vac? I'm always looking for ways to cut down on sweeping adn mopping time (especially since it gets done 2-3 times a day sometimes) and will be even more curious when we switch out everything to laminate floors in the next couple of years.

i LOOOOVE my dry vac...it's so quick and easy, and like i said, it picks up most all that gets on the floor. all you do is push a button to empty the little container. i change the filter occasionally and change the pads when needed. LOVE. IT. LOVE IT!!

I always have vinegar and baking soda on hand.
i have a huge thing of vinegar at my laundry post. it's a miracle odor remover and color brightener. omg the towels that come out. :drool:

do you come with febreeze??? :drool: and if not for me, for my brother. :hi2u:

stayfree...I always feel so fresh and confident about myself that I sometimes don't even remember to take my zoloft!

stayfree...I always feel so fresh and confident about myself that I sometimes don't even remember to take my zoloft!
i'm always forgetting to take my zoloft. i keep it by the dogfood so i look at it in the morning and i still forget sometimes. it's fine until you forget for a week and start getting the brain ratcheting.

My dirty love is Aveda's Botancal astringent stuff. It's expensive, but let's me get away without washing my face in the morning.

It doesn't burn my eyes or dry the skin out either.