What the heck is Hollywood Smoking?

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
₥0
http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/larsandtherealgirl/

Written by Six Feet Under scribe Nancy Oliver, Lars and the Real Girl is a heartfelt comedy starring Academy-Award nominated Ryan Gosling as Lars Lindstrom a loveable introvert whose emotional baggage has kept him from fully embracing life. After years of what is almost solitude, he invites Bianca, a friend he met on the internet to visit him. He introduces Bianca to his Brother Gus (Paul Schneider) and his wife Karen (Emily Mortimer) and they are stunned. They don’t know what to say to Lars or Bianca — because she is a life-size doll, not a real person and he is treating her as though she is alive. They consult the family doctor Dagmar (Patricia Clarkson) who explains this is a delusion he’s created — for what reason she doesn’t yet know but they should all go along with it. What follows is an emotional journey for Lars and the people around him.

the guy is carting around a realdoll.(for those of you who don't know a real doll is basic a life sized sexdoll that costs around $5k) and hollywood greenlighted this crap?

Of course they did. Hollywood always greenlights crap. The majority of stuff that comes out of there is utter garbage but people eat it up.

Take what you can get though, if the WGA, DGA or SAG strike soon we're not going to have anything but reality shows and documentaries to watch for a very long time.

See, Hollywood is a hollow carcass of creativity. If this is going to come from anywhere, it's going to be there.

Kimie and I saw a commercial for it last night. :wtf:

I remember a movie from the 80s about a mannequin that came to live that some guy feel in love with, my guess is this was "inspired" (Hollywood-speak for copied) by that.

Kimie and I saw a commercial for it last night. :wtf:

I remember a movie from the 80s about a mannequin that came to live that some guy feel in love with, my guess is this was "inspired" (Hollywood-speak for copied) by that.

name of that movie was actually Mannequin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_(film)
i think they made 2 movies of it.

Last edited:
I can't believe that Adam Sandler is remaking The Toy. He's the toy. Okay, I love Adam and all, but not only is he not as funny as Richard Pryor, HES WHITE. The part where a rich white man was buying a black man for his kid was part of a very edgy funny theme for the early 80s.

This will blow more than Broken Arrow.

Yeah Polo and I were talking about the new Toy movie. We both really love Adam Sandler, so I'm sure we'll probably don the tweed-and-canes and saunter into the local moving picture house for a quick chortle and ale.

I can't believe that Adam Sandler is remaking The Toy. He's the toy. Okay, I love Adam and all, but not only is he not as funny as Richard Pryor, HES WHITE. The part where a rich white man was buying a black man for his kid was part of a very edgy funny theme for the early 80s.

This will blow more than Broken Arrow.
Are they being really gay and making it a black family buying a white guy? Because I might have to have Knyte go on a rampage if that's the case.