What technology do you wish was out there but isn't yet?

Sarcasmo said:
And a fly.

Then you come out looking this on the other end.
flyrubber.jpg

fly said:
its very possible, but not yet. Quantum entanglement is :cool:

an educated man :heart:

considering the advances made in the past ten years with quantum entanglement, never know what the next twenty years may bring. look at what has happened with a hundred years of flying. and some would say that teleportation has already happened with photons and atoms...

Last edited:
thrawn said:
an educated man :heart:

considering the advances made in the past ten years with quantum entanglement, never know what the next twenty years may bring. look at what has happened with a hundred years of flying. and some would say that teleportation has already happened with photons and atoms...
Yeah, iirc, they have actually trasported whole atoms, which is quite an advance. Quantum physics makes me wet.

fly said:
Eventually, why not? You're just atoms...
True, but even one glitch in the enormous number of atoms that make use up could be death, mutation, memory loss, etc. The sheer volume of information that has to be compiled and moved and precision it must be done with is something that will not be achieved in several generations. It is so far out there that it could be considered fanatsy.

theacoustician said:
True, but even one glitch in the enormous number of atoms that make use up could be death, mutation, memory loss, etc. The sheer volume of information that has to be compiled and moved and precision it must be done with is something that will not be achieved in several generations. It is so far out there that it could be considered fanatsy.

living beings, perhaps that time frame. in twelve years they have gone from theory to a particle with no mass to the smallest particulates of matter. i was in highschool when the theory was proposed. from theory to better than practicality in a decade. i dont understand the fantasy part. so many things we use today were fantasy 50 years ago.

thrawn said:
living beings, perhaps that time frame. in twelve years they have gone from theory to a particle with no mass to the smallest particulates of matter. i was in highschool when the theory was proposed. from theory to better than practicality in a decade. i dont understand the fantasy part. so many things we use today were fantasy 50 years ago.
I still think we are missing the boat entirely when it comes to quantum theory/theory of everything. There is some piece of knowledge that we are missing that will make the whole picture come together and will be pretty. Einstein was right that quantum mechanics is ugly.

fly said:
I think there is only 1 thing barring people from developing those systems now. THE FUCKED UP U.S. LEGAL SYSTEM.

The first time someone died in those from some sort of malfunction, or even possible manfunction, the company would be dead broke.
Have you SEEN the warning labels on those cars with the laser-guided cruise control? :lol:

Not to mention that to build the separate lanes and infrastructure would take at least another 20 years based on how well current US highway construction projects are going.