Wedding photography research

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,763
I would love some input on what people's ideal wedding package/coverage would include and what they would be willing to pay for it. Please include your location in your response if it isn't readily available elsewhere. We are just trying to get a feel for different areas across the country.

DB need not reply on how much he'd be willing to spend cause there is no way in h$#% I'll ever move to Ohio. :heart:

Ottawa, probably out of your area but...

My brother in law does wedding photography, and did a wicked job for us, we're constantly referring him to tons of people, he's probably done the weddings of about 20 of our friends as well. He has different packages ranging from $1000 to $2500, depending on pre-wedding shots, number/size of pics, travel time (multiple locations), etc. He did a lot of candid shots of us and our guests, which we loved, and he'll actually include the negatives on some packages as well, which you'll hardly ever get. Ours was free, obviously.

Last edited:
I personally don't understand them, but people are absolutely batty about professionally done wedding videos.

Some douchecanoe spends 2 days cutting boring video of your reception together in a warez version of Adobe Premiere and people shell out an extra $600-$2000 for it? Give me a break.

Ottawa, probably out of your area but...

My brother in law does wedding photography, and did a wicked job for us, we're constantly referring him to tons of people, he's probably done the weddings of about 20 of our friends as well. He has different packages ranging from $1000 to $2500, depending on pre-wedding shots, number/size of pics, travel time (multiple locations), etc. He did a lot of candid shots of us and our guests, which we loved, and he'll actually include the negatives on some packages as well, which you'll hardly ever get. Ours was free, obviously.

KNYTE in Canada = :admin:

Last edited:
I am confused by this. Do you want to know cost of living in areas around the country? I thought you two were married, why do you need a wedding photographer? Are you planning on coming to a wedding? Why single me out?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I am confused by this. Do you want to know cost of living in areas around the country? I thought you two were married, why do you need a wedding photographer? Are you planning on coming to a wedding? Why single me out?

Inquiring minds want to know.

She's a photographer. More than likely she's looking into becoming a wedding photographer.

I personally don't understand them, but people are absolutely batty about professionally done wedding videos.

Some douchecanoe spends 2 days cutting boring video of your reception together in a warez version of Adobe Premiere and people shell out an extra $600-$2000 for it? Give me a break.

I agree. My sisters wedding was taped. I ended up taking the raw video, adding chapter markers in the right spots and making an uncut 4 DVD set.

Much better than that canned "video montage" horse shit.

Oh and I have tons of information still fresh in my mind about photography packages......but since you don't want it, it matters not.

I'm just giving DB a hard time since he keeps trying to get Knyte to move to Ohio in the pretty girl thread.

I will take anyones opinion, especially on packages and what they want/wish they had.

I'm just giving DB a hard time since he keeps trying to get Knyte to move to Ohio in the pretty girl thread.

I will take anyones opinion, especially on packages and what they want/wish they had.

How dare he tell you to move to a place where the IT job market is booming. ;)

150 IT jobs just opened up for one company alone here.

When I have more time (dinner time) I'll post what we had for our wedding.

How dare he tell you to move to a place where the IT job market is booming. ;)

150 IT jobs just opened up for one company alone here.

When I have more time (dinner time) I'll post what we had for our wedding.

Will any of them pay me $60k/year and are the people there smart enough that I don't have to do both my job and theirs?