Hawt VROOOOOMMMMM! VROOMMMMM!

It's a simple car, and looking at it I can do most of it myself. The problem is getting parts. I first have to decide if I want to do it original, or throw in the 1.8 VW engines and make it freeway viable.

It has some rust. The wooden interior needs to be redone. Basically I'm looking at a frame-off resto.

It's a simple car, and looking at it I can do most of it myself. The problem is getting parts. I first have to decide if I want to do it original, or throw in the 1.8 VW engines and make it freeway viable.

It has some rust. The wooden interior needs to be redone. Basically I'm looking at a frame-off resto.

You go original if you are looking for an investment. Else you just want some fun out of the car, and it's more fun to drive than look at.

You go original if you are looking for an investment. Else you just want some fun out of the car, and it's more fun to drive than look at.

On hemmings, it looks like the restored ones are going for $20-30k. I'm not sure if I could rebuild it frame off for much less than that. Maybe.

On hemmings, it looks like the restored ones are going for $20-30k. I'm not sure if I could rebuild it frame off for much less than that. Maybe.

I wasn't thinking short term investment. More like keeping it for another 20 years after the restoration. Probably worth double by then.

Apparently I could sell it as is for about $8-10k.

There are some super shitty ones selling for a lot of cash. Asking prices, of course.

I really have to look at what I've got.

A smart person would probably just sell it. After my dad dies of course. I can't sell it until then.

mb-cls-sblarge029.jpg

01-mercedes-benz-cls-shooting-brake-spy-shots628.jpg

A prototype, but has been green lit for release next year, the CLS Shooting Brake station wagon, complete with stock 4.6 twin turbo V8 or massaged for AMG duties later in the year.

I'm at the boat dock saturday when I see this dude back a 2009 mustang GT with a boat trailer on it to pick up his boat. I was amused. No way I thought a mustang would be good for boat hauling, and figured the rear wheels would just spin on the wet surface.

To my surprise, he got the boat on the trailer, and pulled it up with ease.

Pretty cool. I walked over to him. He was this 5'7" 165lbs soaking wet redneck. Wasn't impressed. Also wasn't impressed that he had the fake GT 350 emblems and stripes all over, since there was no such thing as a GT 350 for the 2005-2009 mustangs.

I said 'Dude, that's pretty cool, how did you set up a trailer hitch on that...'

He get's all big, like I'm talking shit, starts prancing around like '4.6l 300 horsepower, I'll smoke any bitches on the road blah blah'...

I walked away. He was one of 'those' mustang owners...

He later peeled out of the lot, giving me some look like 'check out how bad ass I am'...

I laughed. That car, with it's v8, only beats my car in a quarter mile by about 30 -40 feet. faster off the line, but lower HP overall.

And traction. Thus the amazement of a RWD coupe pulling a boat up a dry dock.

Exactly. I've got Pirelli p-zeros on my ride, Great grab in dry weather. Lots of slip in wet weather if I lay on the pedal a bit too much. His rear tires were right on the slippery spot of the ramp, and they didn't even loose traction or spin in the slightest as he lifted the boat out.