Ontopic Ukrainian War

There was a call of duty game, one of the early ones that had almost 1 for 1 modeling of real places in NOVA and Bethesda areas. That was uncanny. There was a battle where you holed up in a mcdonalds and fought off waves of enemies... and id been to that mcdonalds in real life

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
nah, they stayed in dc proper out to tysons corner-ish

still had a lot of areas i recognized.
Ooo, I love Tysons Corner, it's so shiny.

Which always surprises me because most of VA is a shithole. I had a job in Newport once and mannnnn that place is like the definition of urban decay.

What were you expecting then?
I waited to answer this:

Something more than "we'll wait a month and see how the sanctions are going." This is the Afghanistan pullout pt 2 except Russia is a rational actor, he knows Biden will sit around and wait for things to normalize. It seems wrong. It seems like Neville Chamberlin.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
@Domon
Did you mention something about a Turkish cargo ship being shelled? I went looking for a reputable source anywhere online and couldn't find shit. Closest I could find was WSJ, but searching their home page for the author or any key words turned up jack. Wondering if we're seeing disinformation in real time.

I waited to answer this:

Something more than "we'll wait a month and see how the sanctions are going." This is the Afghanistan pullout pt 2 except Russia is a rational actor, he knows Biden will sit around and wait for things to normalize. It seems wrong. It seems like Neville Chamberlin.
1. nuclear weapons
2. Afghanistan was just another in our half a century of fucked-up world policing.
3. nuclear weapons
4. Nobody is going to come to our side when we might just switch sides in two years. This is part of why Russia worked to elect Trump.
5. Any person who would desire to be in a position to command nuclear weapons is exactly as fucked-in-the-head as they need to be to use them. Any step towards nukes flying is the worst possible step.

too soon?

4b3e7cce3f18862b1e4e305066fcf3b4.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
No joke, somehow this will cause a bread, milk and TP supply shortage in PA.
It's caused a severe shortage in canned/wet cat food and dog food here. Never knew we got so much of that stuff from Ukraine.

Last I checked half of Ukraine is ethnic Russians who want to be Russia.
It's not like Russia suddenly became a nothing in 92 and every single person in every single satellite state was cool with that.
The goal has always been to build back the Soviet Union. They just know how to play the long game. Wait til the US has a spineless pussy in the Whitehouse and use that opportunity to take it back in small increments. Ya know, like how they took the Crimea in '14, and how they're taking Ukraine now (and we will again make big words but actually do nothing), and how they'll take the next piece the next time we have a damn fool in charge.

America is still young. That's most certainly a good thing. We just don't think like how folks who are part of a civilization that's existed for a thousand years or more think.

I'm assuming keeping politics to the politics thread pretty much went out the window as soon as the op hit post but such as it is, as such.

It's not like Russia suddenly became a nothing in 92 and every single person in every single satellite state was cool with that.
The goal has always been to build back the Soviet Union. They just know how to play the long game. Wait til the US has a spineless pussy in the Whitehouse and use that opportunity to take it back in small increments. Ya know, like how they took the Crimea in '14, and how they're taking Ukraine now (and we will again make big words but actually do nothing), and how they'll take the next piece the next time we have a damn fool in charge.

America is still young. That's most certainly a good thing. We just don't think like how folks who are part of a civilization that's existed for a thousand years or more think.
That's straight up propaganda you're parotting about Ukraine being half Russian sympathizers

They're fighting back pretty hard for a country that has half a population that wants to be Russian. :iono: