Ontopic UF Trade / Stock Thrad

Psychedelics stocks have been in a freefall for some time, but I think they are likely to begin rebounding based on upcoming changes in US policies and that the FDA is likely going to give the nod to MDMA in 2023. Also in 2023, Oregon will be the first state to regulate psilocybin for some medicinal purposes and 30 states have legislation on the table that will change policies around this class of drugs. I'm super excited as this is tangentially what I've been working on for the past decade, but also because we are moving toward a society that is ready to have a conversation about individual rights to their own consciousness.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Psychedelics stocks have been in a freefall for some time, but I think they are likely to begin rebounding based on upcoming changes in US policies and that the FDA is likely going to give the nod to MDMA in 2023. Also in 2023, Oregon will be the first state to regulate psilocybin for some medicinal purposes and 30 states have legislation on the table that will change policies around this class of drugs. I'm super excited as this is tangentially what I've been working on for the past decade, but also because we are moving toward a society that is ready to have a conversation about individual rights to their own consciousness.
Interesting. Are there companies already in existence that I could look into?

Psilocybin is about to be a HUGE game changer. MDMA too, but I think psilocybin will end up having a much more profoundly positive change on society.

@APRIL and I have started microdosing a couple times a week for about the last month.

edit: Also trivia that no one cares about. I've been to Rick Doblin's hippy house in Sarasota. He's the guy who has made MDMA therapy possible again, using an insane amount of determination.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Psilocybin is about to be a HUGE game changer. MDMA too, but I think psilocybin will end up having a much more profoundly positive change on society.

@APRIL and I have started microdosing a couple times a week for about the last month.

edit: Also trivia that no one cares about. I've been to Rick Doblin's hippy house in Sarasota. He's the guy who has made MDMA therapy possible again, using an insane amount of determination.
and this does what?

and this does what?
It's supposed to help with depression issues, which @APRIL occasionally suffers from. It's a sub-perceptible dose that you take 3 days on, 3 days off.

The REAL depression killer is what's coming. IIRC, something like 50% of people have zero depression for 6+ months after a *single* heroic mushroom trip with a licensed guide. We were on the cusp of curing depression and addiction in the 70s before the government shut everything down. We're finally on track again to put a huge dent in some of the most persistent scourges of society.

I would hate being someone's guide if I wasn't also high. It's why I'll probably never train in psychedelic therapy. Sitting sober with someone on drugs would suck.
From my understanding, the guide does nothing during the session. The person has an eye mask on and music playing. The guide is there for the sober talk therapy sessions that precede the trip and are strictly there during the trip in case the person starts feeling bad. Sounds pretty easy actually. Sitting on your Kindle reading a book for a couple of hours.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
From my understanding, the guide does nothing during the session. The person has an eye mask on and music playing. The guide is there for the sober talk therapy sessions that precede the trip and are strictly there during the trip in case the person starts feeling bad. Sounds pretty easy actually. Sitting on your Kindle reading a book for a couple of hours.
I think you're talking two separate things. There are psychadelic assisted therapists who will actively be there processing your trauma while you're on drugs, then there are therapists who help you integrate and process after a trip. The latter is more common because very few people are legally authorised to dispense and be with a patient on drugs. I'm talking about the latter which is not legal in the UK as yet, and isn't in most of America. I've read up and done some studying, there's also loads of psychiatry podcast episodes on it including recordings of actual sessions with people who are high.

But yeah, a non clinical guide is what you describe. I'm more on the therapy side of things. And given my job I probably can't guide anyone anymore I guess, ethics and shit.

Yep, then you can't do them. :lol: Set and setting, they say. It's super important.
My friend went to Wrestlemania his second time.
Wanted to take me.

Shocked Oprah Winfrey GIF

No.

My friend went to Wrestlemania his second time.
Wanted to take me.

Shocked Oprah Winfrey GIF

No.
The owner of one of the places I work is obsessed with wrestling, all morning with the pro wrestling podcasts on bluetooth.

Actually the best thing I've ever heard for doing construction is standup. You can sort of tune it out but occaisionally hear something funny. I don't really like listening to music.

I've hung out with Rick. I think he's pretty dangerous actually. He has the right intentions in mind, but he hasn't taken the time to think about the consequences of his actions, which will be broad and might actually hurt the future of psychedelics. This is a really complicated topic, but essentially he's created a bias that can make his own MAPS trial less relevant than we would want. Still, he's greasing the right palms and so he'll probably get the FDA approval he wants.

Personally, I don't think that FDA approval is the way to go. Psychedelic-assisted therapy is a cash grab. People have been using psychedelics safely without having to pay thousands of dollars to a therapist for centuries. If Rick has it his way, the FDA and the DEA will allow psilocybin in this way only and they will increase the stigma around these drugs and their safety. They will also make it more difficult for people who live with pain conditions and need to use the medicine differently to have the access they need. I could write a book on this, and I actually might. What's happening right now is promising but wholly unethical in sooo many ways.

This is one model, like the MindBloom/Ketamine model, but it's not the most common one, like Dory said.