UF I need your help!

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
I'm not one to start drama - contrary to forum belief ;) but I came across something today that I think needs to be addressed - but I don't know if I am crossing a line.

I had a technician go out to a house this morning; when he got there, he called me and told me that this person must be a dog breeder because there were "hundreds of dogs in cages' two to a cage" and it smelled so bad like piss and 'dog' that if the problem with the equipment was in the house he didn't know if he would be able to troubleshoot it without going to get a mask.

Here is the info I gathered. I HAVE to keep in mind that this person is a little bit of a drama queen and there could be some exaggeration here. Even if there was a TON of exaggeration 100+ animals is unimagineable in a HOUSE.

1. Nice, expensive home on several acres of property (if you live in this area picture East Lake Road.) Not that this reallyt matters but it's not your typical story when 1000 animals are shoved into a trailor.

2. They are pomerainians I THINK because when I asked the tech what kind they were he said: "those little fuckers that look like lions and won't shut the fuck up."

3. Their A/C won't be fixed till tomorrow - not their fault - thats when the part will be here. Problem I see if that the people can leave the house if they get hot, the dogs can't.

Dilemma: Should I call Animal control to at least go LOOK and see if this is a humane situation? Should I mind my own business? I HATE it when people involve themselves in my shit - but these are helpless animals we are talking about.

What would you do?

FAKE EDIT: Excuse the spelling and grammar issues - I am at work and all this work takes up all my time as of late so I really don't have time to post AND proof read. ;)

I don't think animal control is going to care since the dogs are on private property and not running loose and not posing a threat to others. But it's worth a shot. Maybe find a dog breeder in your area that you know of who is reputable and let them handle it. They have friends who can help with animal rescue.

Good luck.

Does the tech have a camera phone? Is it wrong to ask him to take a pic or 2 to show you these horrible conditions so that you will know he isn't just being dramatic? If it's really that bad you should probably call the police, nevermind animal control. The cops will investigate and then have the animals removed if necessary.

Last edited:
I think you should call. In Houston if you have more than three animals, animal control can come out and cite you or tell you to get rid of some of them. Might want to check the rules for Tampa.

Dont do anything until you see it with your own eyes PLZ!!!!!!!!!

It is not right of you to accuse people of animal cruality if you have not seen anything of the nature and are going on hear/say. Ever walk into a puppy store? They have like 7 pups to a cage and it always smells horrid in there. Now if he saw hurt puppies or puppies suffering in anyway I would immediately go back out and do an "inspection" of there "ac". My buddies dad was accused of child abuse because some idiot got the wrong address once, from then on he was always thought of as a child molester and had to move. Just dont do anything until you see it, shit ill even drive over myself

why_ask_why said:
sounds like a puppy mill
:(

The humane society is giving away free pets over the age of 7 for grandparents day or whatever the holiday.

Trying to find the link now.

Of course you should call. But you have have to beef up your story some. Tell them they were having a pet rodeo that was getting out of hand.

monkeyridingdog.jpg

monkey_cowboy.jpg