two new year's resolutions to consider

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,864
Thinking about the new year always makes me ponder what I can do differently to make the next year better than the last. Most people around this time resolve to lose weight and to save money. Here are two ways to go farther than just make those empty promises to yourself

Reduce your carbon footprint. Not only would you save on electricity, gas, and heating/air conditioning, but you'd be giving back to the environment as well. To find out more about your ecological carbon footprint, go here

Figure out the new food pyramid. The surgeon general and dept. of health and human services has come out with a personalized pyramid that takes in factors like level of extracurricular activity, age, etc. To find your pyramid, go here

My resolutions based on these two things: replace 1 serving of grain with 2 servings of fruit/veggies at least twice a week, and walk to work as much as i can from spring through the fall.

i'm going to stop drinking and smoking for a month and try to run a marathon by the end of the year

HAHAHAHHAHAH No, seriously though i'm going to find a new girl to give my car and apartment to and give her directions on how to properly file a restraining order..

I think i'll put her on my bank account too ..

F33nX said:
Thinking about the new year always makes me ponder what I can do differently to make the next year better than the last. Most people around this time resolve to lose weight and to save money. Here are two ways to go farther than just make those empty promises to yourself

Reduce your carbon footprint. Not only would you save on electricity, gas, and heating/air conditioning, but you'd be giving back to the environment as well. To find out more about your ecological carbon footprint, go here

Figure out the new food pyramid. The surgeon general and dept. of health and human services has come out with a personalized pyramid that takes in factors like level of extracurricular activity, age, etc. To find your pyramid, go here

My resolutions based on these two things: replace 1 serving of grain with 2 servings of fruit/veggies at least twice a week, and walk to work as much as i can from spring through the fall.
11.61 tons of CO2 here. Not too shabby.

Good idea on the fruits/veggies thing. Hard to keep up with though unless you bring your lunch to work and cook almost every day :(

I'd also add in that people need to figure out their retirement plans now.

We are at 18 tons of CO2. It's mostly due to the fact that we drive one of our cars about 20K miles a year.

Very good idea on retirement plans. That is something Knyte and I have been trying to focus on and get figured out.

theacoustician said:
11.61 tons of CO2 here. Not too shabby.

Good idea on the fruits/veggies thing. Hard to keep up with though unless you bring your lunch to work and cook almost every day :(

I'd also add in that people need to figure out their retirement plans now.
we're at 10 :D
the retirement thing is very important. so is a college fund for those inclined to reproduce

20 tonnes, the heated pool really killed me as well as driving at least 20k a year.