Traffic,

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Why is it that it took me almost 2 full hours to get under 30 miles today? Especially when, after passing a ... something, I was back to going 80 miles an hour again? Is traffic this screwy everywhere? Seems like GA400 was made to just suck.

taeric said:
Why is it that it took me almost 2 full hours to get under 30 miles today? Especially when, after passing a ... something, I was back to going 80 miles an hour again? Is traffic this screwy everywhere? Seems like GA400 was made to just suck.
It's because people are retarded and insist on rubber necking. As long as the wreck isn't in your way or you aren't endangering people dealing with it on the side of the road, there is no reason to look at them. There is certainly no reason to slow to a near stop to gawk.

it's not that bad up here. the worst i've seen it is on the thruway near albany, where one time it took us 3 hours to go 5 miles, for NO apparent reason.

taeric said:

people are going back to work and kids are going back to school. it's trying to get on a schedule all over again. and i'll bet that when you slow down it's because traffic's merging from an exit, and when everyone gets settled, you get going again...till the next on-ramp.

You want fun? Try driving I-75S from Atlanta to Tampa on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Be sure to leave around 4pm for the full effect.

Part of the reason I bought the house I just did was because I could take all back roads to work

takes me about 8 minutes to get to work

All traffic issues will be resolved once personal VTOLs are invented. Of course, people crashing into eachother and falling out of the sky and into schoolyards and nursing homes will be the NEW issue, but hey, progress must march onward.

elpmis said:
Part of the reason I bought the house I just did was because I could take all back roads to work

takes me about 8 minutes to get to work

i'm 2.7 miles from work..

even with traffic it takes me 10 minutes
if i drive fast 5-6

if i drive fast without traffic

stupid traffic

theacoustician said:
It's because people are retarded and insist on rubber necking. As long as the wreck isn't in your way or you aren't endangering people dealing with it on the side of the road, there is no reason to look at them. There is certainly no reason to slow to a near stop to gawk.

The annoying thing is that there was no wreck. I think it was some construction crap that actually closed 2 lanes. Still annoying.

taeric said:
The annoying thing is that there was no wreck. I think it was some construction crap that actually closed 2 lanes. Still annoying.
Sometimes its the "aftershocks" of a wreck. The problem is gone, but it takes time for the congestion caused by it to clear out. Truly, the most annoying kind of problem. If you're going to make we wait for an hour in bumper to bumper WHEN I HAVE TO PEE, I want to see blood all over the highway or something on fire.

I'm lucky enough to be going the opposite direction of traffic, so for the most part I see very little, if any of it.

theacoustician said:
Sometimes its the "aftershocks" of a wreck. The problem is gone, but it takes time for the congestion caused by it to clear out. Truly, the most annoying kind of problem. If you're going to make we wait for an hour in bumper to bumper WHEN I HAVE TO PEE, I want to see blood all over the highway or something on fire.
Around here we also get the 'solar glare' complete halts from 80mph flow :rolleyes:

It's not like the sun is fucking new or anything, buy some fucking sunglasses already :rant:

Dude. get ready for 400 to suck ass for the next year and a half.

Up around Holcomb Bridge to Mcfarland they are putting in a new line on the inside of the road, thus everything is going to be shifted over one lane (basically they are using the bus lane as a normal lane of traffic) What they claimed happened this morning was that they found a pothole in a piece of the bus lane and that prevented use of the line, and on top of that there was two wrecks between Old Milton and Windward. The pothole was allegedly suposed to have been fixed by this evening but I doubt it as when I was coming to work at 6:30 it was still backed up. Southbound will be the same in a few months too.

Tomorrow morning, im just going to go up 141 to see if its any better. I doubt it. but at least I'll be moving than just sitting in a line inhaleing suv fumes.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Traffic is still nice 'n light on my route into Boston, the highways are back to sucking hard I hear though.

Rubberneckers need to be summarily executed, when I was in England I swear they unfolded a screen in front of accidents/roadside work to prevent that or something - great idea.

I read something on fark about this a couple of months ago. They were starting to do it in or around Boston. I guess it's not policy yet. Probably it's hard to get all the wrecker operators to buy one... or figure out how to shoehorn one into a police cruiser.

itburnswhenipee said:
I read something on fark about this a couple of months ago. They were starting to do it in or around Boston. I guess it's not policy yet. Probably it's hard to get all the wrecker operators to buy one... or figure out how to shoehorn one into a police cruiser.

It woudnt matter around here. People would just slow down to look at the screens.