Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥0
Has been cast.

Moe - Benicio Del Toro
Larry - Sean Penn
Curley - Jim Carrey

Do you think it will work?

I saw that and have my doubts. Carey said he was really going to fatten up for the role. He better watch out becuase losing and gain lots of weight for movies seemed to speed up Tom Hanks aging.

I don't see Del Toro as Moe. He's sometimes hard to understand. I keep picturing him as Fenster in Usual Suspects telling the guy he's going to flip him.

3stooges.jpg

Steve Carrell could make a decent Moe, Christopher Lloyd for Larry

Last edited:
Moe had that steething rage just beneath the surface and was the straight man, so I see Benicio pulling it off. I think Carrey can pull it off. I think Penn as Larry will be the difficult one.

The Farrely brothers are doing the film, so I don't know how that will work.

It would have been great to see one with Ben Stiller, Chris Farley and David Spade. That would

He's a prick at times without a doubt and sometimes out right freaky as hell but interesting.

I just find the whole in his early 20s musician rebelling against being in a genre thing kinda yaaaaawn, but I did find the Bowie connection quite interesting, I hadn't known about it til i saw the doc.

I did see him vaguely at Glastonbury in 07, I was drunkenly walking past the stage, he was surprisingly good a performer for his age. When you consider RHCP etc. are so boring nowadays he's done well.