This just in: Mid joins Useless Forums...

Mid

Flaccid Member
Nov 3, 2006
Marklar
₥0
AUTO GENERATED THREAD

I just activated my account and will be here shortly to answer all questions. Give me something to talk about!

OMG! I'm special! I have my own thread :D

First of all I'd like to thank my producer and the team for getting me this far... :fly:

A little about me:

I'm fresh from another forum (which I won't name) which I first joined about 2 years ago. There wasn't much happening there but I figured it'd be fun and a bit of a laugh. It turns out that the bad things outweighed the good and I quickly got bored.

Anyway, they have this IRC channel which I joined because it was a little more immediate (me? impatient?) but it's pretty much the same mentality.

Someone suggestd I try the Useless forums because it's a lot less low brow.

I won't say he promised the earth but if I don't get my pony at Christmas he's going to have a lot to answer for.

P.S. I just noticed how much Marklar you guys have!

Welcome! What do you do for a living?

I work in IT (not technical support because that's something your friends make you do for fun in your own free time anyway) web applications specifically and I love it.

It can be boring sometimes but some of the contracts I've had have been very interesting and I've met some cool people through my work so I'm happy with my lot.

:)

I work in IT (not technical support because that's something your friends make you do for fun in your own free time anyway) web applications specifically and I love it.

It can be boring sometimes but some of the contracts I've had have been very interesting and I've met some cool people through my work so I'm happy with my lot.

:)

what various coding languages / methodologies do you primarily do your web apps in?

Are your contracts with industries or government?

Mid what?

I thought I'd get this a lot more but only 3 or so people have ever said that.

Us 3 letter nicks have to got to stick together. Before you know it they'll start putting in 'minimum length' usernames and we'll be erradicated!

I thought I'd get this a lot more but only 3 or so people have ever said that.

Us 3 letter nicks have to got to stick together. Before you know it they'll start putting in 'minimum length' usernames and we'll be erradicated!

Before you know it, they start tax donations. DOWN WITH THE MA...uh, FLY.

what various coding languages / methodologies do you primarily do your web apps in?

Are your contracts with industries or government?

I used to mainly code in ASP but now I've ditched Windows and started using FreeBSD I've moved on to PHP.

Actually, that's not quite true because half-way through my conversion from Windows (it was long and painful) I was approached by someone to work on a project that requires Rails so I guess I'm working with Ruby at the moment.

I've coded a site in C# as well.

I guess it's just a case of what tool is most appropriate.

So far most of my contracts have been for private companies but my manager that I'm working with now is trying to introduce me to the business side of things. He's scheduled a meeting for us in London in a fortnight so it's pretty exciting for me at the moment.

Howdy.
What is your stance on sending feces to random people via the us mail?

That's quite simple. It's disgusting and offensive... unless you've got proof of me doing it, in which case it was an accident. It must have fallen in there when I sealed the envelope.

I used to mainly code in ASP but now I've ditched Windows and started using FreeBSD I've moved on to PHP.

Actually, that's not quite true because half-way through my conversion from Windows (it was long and painful) I was approached by someone to work on a project that requires Rails so I guess I'm working with Ruby at the moment.

I've coded a site in C# as well.

I guess it's just a case of what tool is most appropriate.

So far most of my contracts have been for private companies but my manager that I'm working with now is trying to introduce me to the business side of things. He's scheduled a meeting for us in London in a fortnight so it's pretty exciting for me at the moment.
How do you code a site in C#?

How do you code a site in C#?

How do you mean?

Options:

1) .NET converts it all into bytecode so the language isn't important

2) Mono libraries on FreeBSD so you don't have to run Windows

3) Using MonoDevelop as my IDE

4) Because I'm a sucker for punishement