This just in: etherlink joins Useless Forums...

FlamingGlory said:
After I saw the movie, I tried to read the book only to find that the dialog was exactly the same. I know there is some additional stuff in it, but it just couldn't hold my interest after I knew everything they were saying. :hs:

fly said:
After I saw the movie, I tried to read the book only to find that the dialog was exactly the same. I know there is some additional stuff in it, but it just couldn't hold my interest after I knew everything they were saying. :hs:

wtf the book is like 80hojillion times better

edit - fuckin bats

fly said:
I read the book first because I worked at a bookstore and was too cheap to go rent the movie. Johnny Depp was a little over the top compared to how I imagined it. :shrug:

I also watched the movie under the influence and 4000 miles from home, the book, sober on smoke breaks. ^__^

fly said:

I can imagine it's tough, but I highly recommend it. The second half of the book gets so strange you can't possibly cover it in a film. It makes no sense at all.