This just in: animepark13 joins Useless Forums...

thrawn said:
I didn't realize there was a vote and if I had it would have been for sarcasm.
El Borracho said:
i didnt know there was one either
April23 said:
I was sure that was not going to happen.

Then I'd invite all of you to go back and review other intro threads. Its been the same for a while now. Its simple, someone registers a thread gets created. They then have to converse with the forum. I've already stated this several times, but I'll say it again : no one gets out for the first 24 hours, no exceptions. This filters out bots, spammers, and whatnot. Any time after 24 hours, any member can ask for the person's release and I'll bring it to a vote. It takes 3 people to vote for release to get them let out. This isn't a popularity thing, its merely a check that at least a couple people have spoken to this person and can confirm that they know something about them. Hopefully the noob can say likewise about the people voting for them. That's the point of the noob thread, right? Its supposed to be a mechanism to actually get to know the person. This also serves to eliminate any whining that I had anything to do with the person's release or continued confinement. It puts you in charge of who is a new member and who doesn't make the cut.

I already stated that if I wasn't keeping tabs on the thread, it had not been a problem for some current member to remind me. People tend to take an interest in noobs if they like them and don't mind speaking up for them to get them out.

If the thread gets voted shut the noob gets the axe. This way people can anonymously make their feelings known without being ridiculed for it. The noob account can also get the axe in 30 days if no consensus is reached (voted in or out), the noob never posts, or they just up and vanish after a day or so.

This actually had some thought put into it and I thought people were aware. Perhaps that's my fault, but based on the response in other threads, it seemed to me to be understood. There hadn't been any complaints about it and I didn't see the need to codify it or spell it out like this till now because no one seems to like it when I do that.

theacoustician said:
Then I'd invite all of you to go back and review other intro threads. Its been the same for a while now. Its simple, someone registers a thread gets created. They then have to converse with the forum. I've already stated this several times, but I'll say it again : no one gets out for the first 24 hours, no exceptions. This filters out bots, spammers, and whatnot. Any time after 24 hours, any member can ask for the person's release and I'll bring it to a vote. It takes 3 people to vote for release to get them let out. This isn't a popularity thing, its merely a check that at least a couple people have spoken to this person and can confirm that they know something about them. Hopefully the noob can say likewise about the people voting for them. That's the point of the noob thread, right? Its supposed to be a mechanism to actually get to know the person. This also serves to eliminate any whining that I had anything to do with the person's release or continued confinement. It puts you in charge of who is a new member and who doesn't make the cut.

I already stated that if I wasn't keeping tabs on the thread, it had not been a problem for some current member to remind me. People tend to take an interest in noobs if they like them and don't mind speaking up for them to get them out.

If the thread gets voted shut the noob gets the axe. This way people can anonymously make their feelings known without being ridiculed for it. The noob account can also get the axe in 30 days if no consensus is reached (voted in or out), the noob never posts, or they just up and vanish after a day or so.

This actually had some thought put into it and I thought people were aware. Perhaps that's my fault, but based on the response in other threads, it seemed to me to be understood. There hadn't been any complaints about it and I didn't see the need to codify it or spell it out like this till now because no one seems to like it when I do that.

Oh, thanks. Well, ttyl.

well whatever the case it is nice to be out :)
and this forum has a nice feel to it. it is s completely different enviroment to any forum i have ever been in. All the added features makes you feel closer to the members. :bigthumb: i like what you guyz are doing here, and hope to enjoy my stay.

animepark13 said:
well whatever the case it is nice to be out :)
and this forum has a nice feel to it. it is s completely different enviroment to any forum i have ever been in. All the added features makes you feel closer to the members. :bigthumb: i like what you guyz are doing here, and hope to enjoy my stay.

You != mature

I'm misfiring on all cylinders now thanks to you.

OH and we do meats a lot... next one is in October if you want to fly out for the weekend.

April23 said:
You != mature

I'm misfiring on all cylinders now thanks to you.

OH and we do meats a lot... next one is in October if you want to fly out for the weekend.

dad said he owes me a flight to tampa. wtf do you guyz do? Heavy petting zoos?

animepark13 said:
dad said he owes me a flight to tampa. wtf do you guyz do? Heavy petting zoos?

:lol: We do goofy things like play Dance Dance Revolution and Bible games. :fly:

Well the first is mostly true, the second only half true.

Drool-Boy said:
Go find you some yaoi. Im sure youll like it as well.

greddy.gif

nah i knew a girl who was into that shit, and wrote fictions.... i haven't talked to her in a year or so.