[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know y'all know I have a hard time communicating where I read all sorts of things into what people say that isn't there
she is the reason why, because with her it IS there

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
& she's always been manipulative, this is the same woman who in high school tried to hit me for "back talking," & when I blocked her attempt to backhand me. she told my dad that it was I who hit her, & I had to live in my car for a couple of days because he kicked me out over it, but then she convinced him to let me back.

& she's always been manipulative, this is the same woman who in high school tried to hit me for "back talking," & when I blocked her attempt to backhand me. she told my dad that it was I who hit her, & I had to live in my car for a couple of days because he kicked me out over it, but then she convinced him to let me back.
Why do you want to salvage this relationship?

I had sent her several pictures of the baby by then and had been in contact with her - she had a very specific picture in mind (all three of us. not a selfie) and ignored that I explained it would take arranging to do and also that I had no desire to appear in pictures after a traumatic birth & days in hospital in a hospital gown with a split gooch, no sleep, and a fragile baby that was feeding on my raw bleeding nips every hour or so AND that despite all that, I agreed to do it and just hadn't gotten to it yet
She already had pictures? Well ok - fuck her and her request for a staged picture. I was picturing some bored, lonely, new grandma thinking "WTF, can't I at least SEE the baby?"

Why do you want to salvage this relationship?
I'm anxious at the thought of how she will react
especially now that there is a grandbaby
and I worry because she doesn't have much else & her health has been not great - I don't want to cause it to get worse & she would absolutely pull some "I have no idea why she is doing this to me :( I'm the victim" stuff. she has a shitty relationship with her parents (whom I have gone no contact with & they legit suck) and im the only close family she has.

cutting my dad out was way easier because he got a new family after they separated, so he wasn't interested in trying to maintain a relationship with me.

I love her, and if she would just chill the fuck out we could be ok, but she's nucking futs.

It takes two to tango.
Idk. If my mom did that she'd never see me or my kids again without admitting she lied to me and everyone involved and apologizing.

This was high school though, kids remember stuff like that how they want to remember it sometimes. And some parents use their kid's dependence to get away with treating them like trash. What are they going to do? Where are they going to go?

I need to take notes. I'll have teenagers before I know it.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I'm anxious at the thought of how she will react
especially now that there is a grandbaby
and I worry because she doesn't have much else & her health has been not great - I don't want to cause it to get worse & she would absolutely pull some "I have no idea why she is doing this to me :( I'm the victim" stuff. she has a shitty relationship with her parents (whom I have gone no contact with & they legit suck) and im the only close family she has.

cutting my dad out was way easier because he got a new family after they separated, so he wasn't interested in trying to maintain a relationship with me.

I love her, and if she would just chill the fuck out we could be ok, but she's nucking futs.

yeah, she's constantly making it about her. She needs to realize that the fukn world doesn't revolve around her.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and august
Hey @august tl;dr.

:p just kidding.

You guys finally get rid of the Titanic and get a new place?
yup, we had an accepted/signed offer in May but their lender dragged ass and it took until the end of July to actually close
the three of us are living at my in-laws right now & looking for houses nearby

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I don't want to cut her out completely/go no- contact, & I want to be able to send her pics of the bb, & because she's already my friend there and we have mutuals, there's no way to block her where she won't figure it out and she WILL have a meltdown.
This is (part of the reason) why I don't FB anymore.

Idk. If my mom did that she'd never see me or my kids again without admitting she lied to me and everyone involved and apologizing.

This was high school though, kids remember stuff like that how they want to remember it sometimes. And some parents use their kid's dependence to get away with treating them like trash. What are they going to do? Where are they going to go?

I need to take notes. I'll have teenagers before I know it.
The underlined part. Yes - we all filter these events differently.
Some kids use their dependance on the parents(and these days the legal hell they can put them through on just an accusation) to get away with being little shits. Parent's can't just send them away.
Hard for any of us to referee this because it's been through august's filter. But the mom does sound like a real "winner".

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I am glad i saw the rise and fall of facebook never having participated. Its almost as much an old peoples platform as email is now it seems
I detest the unthreaded aspect of FB(besides all the negative human interaction). I belong to a few interest groups and the same shit gets churned over and over and it's hard to get an answer, even with search. They may be old as fuck but forums seem a more logical format for true discussion or edification. One old forum(phpbb!) I belong the people just trash you if you haven't used search, moderators delete your posts asap.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
how twisted must my brain have made it to have justified kicking a high schooler out of your house?
like I get that my brain may have interpreted or remembered a conversation or the tone incorrectly, but they 100% kicked me out. I hadn't actually hit/assaulted anyone, didn't do drugs, they didn't know about the drinking (and with them for parents who wouldn't drink :lol: ), wasn't in trouble with the law.

how twisted must my brain have made it to have justified kicking a high schooler out of your house?
Unknown. Curious - was your car parked on their driveway or near the house, were you allowed to come back and get any of your stuff? My oldest son ended up sleeping in his car a number of times because he wasn't believing my 11 pm curfew. No key to front door, keyless entry shut off at 11 - I wired in a switch for the garage door opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.