Food The Vagatarian Thread

Well, I'm pretty much stopped for the day right at 70 minutes in. Work got too busy and after work be even more so. Probably finish tomorrow though.

All in all, really good so far.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
Well, I'm pretty much stopped for the day right at 70 minutes in. Work got too busy and after work be even more so. Probably finish tomorrow though.

All in all, really good so far.
I ate minestrone with kale. It kissed a boiled chicken, but that's all broth under the bridge.

If anyone has been looking for a documentary that will make them go veg out of revulsion, there's a new Meet Your Meat in town, complete with drone footage. It is graphic af.

@OzSTEEZ it is all shot in Australia, it shows your meat industry because every non-American assumes factory farms are only here...

This is nothing new. I wish we would take animal welfare a lot more seriously. However this isn't making me change to vegan.

• Gravy
This is nothing new. I wish we would take animal welfare a lot more seriously. However this isn't making me change to vegan.

Look at it from a quality of meat/quickness of death standpoint.

Every piece of meat in your country (and ours too) is loaded to the gills with adrenaline and fear hormones (not to mention everything else like a 'roided up Hulk Hogan).

Far cry from some animal naturally, happily living a normal animal life munching on grass in some pasture or whatever then Boom, it's over.

• Gravy

Every piece of meat in your country (and ours too) is loaded to the gills with adrenaline and fear hormones (not to mention everything else like a 'roided up Hulk Hogan).

Far cry from some animal naturally, happily living a normal animal life munching on grass in some pasture or whatever then Boom, it's over.
Most cattle here live fine eating grass out in the fields. And most cattle here are slaughtered humanely.

Yes there are some who do fucked up shit.

Define "most".
The laws here in USA, whole country, are that animals are to be unresponsive before bleeding out. Either a stun/blow to the head or electroconvulsive shock - not just electrocute them, use a proper waveform so it knocks them unconcious, like old-school shock therapy for mental patients. Small farms may be the biggest offenders on not "humanely" killing the animals. Ironic after providing the better Living conditions for a few months or years.

That would be great if it was true. YouTube is a corporate entity, not a community.
Why is everyone these days just *trying* to see a conspiracy theory in everything? While it makes people feel intelligent and like they belong to a secret community, It's extremely stupid.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL

I don't think that's true about the fear hormones. As @Amstel pointed out to me once, there are studies that show those hormones negatively effect the flavor of the meat.

Either way, find a local farmer. A friend of ours is starting a farm, as a side gig until it can be his main gig, and I'm super excited to buy some of the chickens that he hand processes.

The laws here in USA, whole country, are that animals are to be unresponsive before bleeding out. Either a stun/blow to the head or electroconvulsive shock - not just electrocute them, use a proper waveform so it knocks them unconcious, like old-school shock therapy for mental patients. Small farms may be the biggest offenders on not "humanely" killing the animals. Ironic after providing the better Living conditions for a few months or years.
From what I read in the Omnivore's Dilemma, small farms kill chickens extremely humanely without knocking them out. A quick slice of the vein/artery on the neck while upside-down and they're quickly gone.