The sunken treasure of Baie des Ha! Ha!

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
Superior, it's said, never gives up her dead, and Baie des Ha! Ha! has a penchant for fromage du Quebec.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051010.wxcheese1010/BNStory/National/

Best part of the article for my money: "Mr. Boivin dropped 10 barrels of cheese into the Saguenay last fall after a fisherman reported reeling in a piece of Boivin cheese from a lake bottom and trying it. It was pronounced the best cheese he'd ever tasted."

I was looking for a map of the area, but all I found was this bizarre definition:
Baie-Des-Ha-Ha (n.) That unexplainable laughter you get when you poke the jello.

Not entirely surprising. A lot of cheeses are "rested" in a brine. Although it looks like they just want to try and age the cheese in a cold, pressurized, dark environment. I see the point, but you don't need to throw it into a lake to do that.

theacoustician said:
Not entirely surprising. A lot of cheeses are "rested" in a brine. Although it looks like they just want to try and age the cheese in a cold, pressurized, dark environment. I see the point, but you don't need to throw it into a lake to do that.

Yeah, they could cram it up your asscrack.

Nevermind... this is my new favorite part of the article:

"Last month, a commander of the HMCS Chicoutimi, on a local visit, said perhaps the Canadian Forces submarine could locate the cheese. "He said he had systems that could help," Mr. Boivin said."

The canadians clearly have cheese detecting technology which far surpasses our own. We cannot allow a chese finding submarine gap!

itburnswhenipee said:
Nevermind... this is my new favorite part of the article:

"Last month, a commander of the HMCS Chicoutimi, on a local visit, said perhaps the Canadian Forces submarine could locate the cheese. "He said he had systems that could help," Mr. Boivin said."

The canadians clearly have cheese detecting technology which far surpasses our own. We cannot allow a chese finding submarine gap!
How weird are you if you are fishing out on the lake, drudge up a canister of cheese, and think "oh, I should eat this!".

theacoustician said:
How weird are you if you are fishing out on the lake, drudge up a canister of cheese, and think "oh, I should eat this!".

Maybe he was very hungry. He was trying to catch fish, after all, and fish are made of food. He just happened to catch a different food.

"The Saguenay cheese hunt" - looks like a job for UF !! we can organization a search party and hunt for the missing treasure. :fly:

Maybe a huge bottom feeder consumed it - or pirate cheese hunters made off with it.

gottoys? said:
"The Saguenay cheese hunt" - looks like a job for UF !! we can organization a search party and hunt for the missing treasure. :fly:

Maybe a huge bottom feeder consumed it - or pirate cheese hunters made off with it.
Cheese pirates? Tell me more ...

theacoustician said:
Cheese pirates? Tell me more ...

We will recruit members for the cheese hunt ... we will also need some cheese loving mice with scuba gear to help locate this cheese. If they can't find it nothing can :fly: :fly:

Once we secure our treasure we can sell it on the black market - EBAY!

gottoys? said:
We will recruit members for the cheese hunt ... we will also need some cheese loving mice with scuba gear to help locate this cheese. If they can't find it nothing can :fly: :fly:

Once we secure our treasure we can sell it on the black market - EBAY!

But can we hunt for the cheese in like, grocery stores and stuff, instead of dredging lakes and oceans for it? Theres just something fundamentally wrong with eating anything thats been soaking in fish poop for years.

Drool-Boy said:
But can we hunt for the cheese in like, grocery stores and stuff, instead of dredging lakes and oceans for it? Theres just something fundamentally wrong with eating anything thats been soaking in fish poop for years.

There's something fundamentally wrong with you using the words "fundamentally wrong", "eating" and "poop" in the same sentence.