Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I think he described frying a Hostess Fruit pie in butter once?
Yeah, I remember that. One of the meat markets I go to has a selection of "seconds" from a few of the food factories in the province, and I bought a half dozen blueberry (I think?) turnovers for dirt cheap. Lightly browned some butter in a pan, then fried the dessert in that. It's all about that Maillard reaction... and it was fucking good. And no different health-wise from any other fried dessert (donuts or whatever) as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah, I'm a lanky motherfucker.

Yeah, I remember that. One of the meat markets I go to has a selection of "seconds" from a few of the food factories in the province, and I bought a half dozen blueberry (I think?) turnovers for dirt cheap. Lightly browned some butter in a pan, then fried the dessert in that. It's all about that Maillard reaction... and it was fucking good. And no different health-wise from any other fried dessert (donuts or whatever) as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah, I'm a lanky motherfucker.
Well that's good. If you have a heart attack it won't dent the floor.:p Fried blueberry turnover - that does sound f'n good.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer