Food The (not so) delicious food thread

i kid you not
y’all forget that migrated to Gringo land well into my twilight years and i had never had a pancake til my raft drifted upon your shores
and while i’ve had them, i haven’t taken the time to learn them cuz i don’t love them. if my kid wants them i tell him “ ask your dad” or i order them for him

also i had to learn english nursery rhymes when i was pregnant cuz i didn’t know any of them.
baba black sheep is so dumb but i had to learn it
To be fair blini are kinda a Slavic thing. They aren't sweet. You normally eat them with jam and cream.

I feel attacked.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

When I cook fun stuff like that, I always remember @liam (whatever his username is on here) and what he said about how he hates cooking because it's all this work and you don't keep it in the end.

I feel so opposite of that. Cooking is therapeutic, makes memories, feeds loved ones.... just feels fucking good.

If someone cleans up after me, it's eveeeeeenn betteerrrr.
I enjoyed cooking and trying different things during the covid shutdown. Now I'm kind of lazy again 😅

• Haha
Reactions: APRIL
I’ve been obsessed with making pizza lately, I thought I moved on from sourdough until I started making sourdough pizzas in the pizza oven

• Love
Reactions: APRIL and fly
The grocery store had brisket on cheap so I started a montreal smoked meat. Second time following this recipe.

It's a bit of a process to make (cure, soak, rub, sit, smoke, sit again, steam) but it's worth it.

I participated in a scavenger hunt a few weeks ago and one of the challenges was to make this 40 orange cake from Our Flag Means Death and then eat it on a tall ship while dressed like a pirate. My decorations sucked because it was like 100 degrees outside and just trying to get the glaze or anything to stay on the cake was a challenge, and overall the cake was frustrating to make, but it was pretty tasty.

Thats so frickin fun!

🤏 Maybe this one.

🧝‍♂️--- lol "elf man"
First one gets my vote

• Haha
Reactions: APRIL