Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I'm with you that passion is over-used as a word. But people at this time in history can be more "passionate"(resembling the loving feelings between sentient beings) about their interests, they can have an online persona, maybe have a business related to it or just buy stuff, make their life all about their "passion".
idk, passion seems to be a sliding scale, same as slob.
I'm only up to take a night crap. :lol:
We've been going back and forth for a while now over a couple few different threads. Started wondering just how long it takes you to pinch off a night crap. Might want to include some bran in your diet there buddy, don't make me worry about you too.

Or is there a secret nightcrap thread I don't know about?

We've been going back and forth for a while now over a couple few different threads. Started wondering just how long it takes you to pinch off a night crap. Might want to include some bran in your diet there buddy, don't make me worry about you too.

Or is there a secret nightcrap thread I don't know about?
LOLOLOL. Nah, no problem crapping here, I eat waaaaaaaayyyy more fiber than the recommended 28 grams a day. Wiping was a probllem - shit all dried up.LOLOLOLOL.

Real deal is the wife disrupted my sleep fucking with the sheets. I TOLD her she would get cold, 3 hours in she fucking grabs the thin comforter I was using and pulls it to her side, uncovering me. Swears occurred.

Sorry about the Dusty dust-up. dudes dead now. but we ain't.

LOLOLOL. Nah, no problem crapping here, I eat waaaaaaaayyyy more fiber than the recommended 28 grams a day. Wiping was a probllem - shit all dried up.LOLOLOLOL.

Real deal is the wife disrupted my sleep fucking with the sheets. I TOLD her she would get cold, 3 hours in she fucking grabs the thin comforter I was using and pulls it to her side, uncovering me. Swears occurred.

Sorry about the Dusty dust-up. dudes dead now. but we ain't.
You know what the fix for that is right? Separate beds like 1950s tv. Get together when you want to be together, don't feel like you have to be.

Bonus if they're in separate rooms too. Double bonus if they're out of earshot of each other.
Helps you really appreciate each other because you have to actually have to put in a little effort instead of taking each other for granted because the other is just always there.
Super educated psychocollargists have validated this theory in more than one publish or perish papers.

You know what the fix for that is right? Separate beds like 1950s tv. Get together when you want to be together, don't feel like you have to be.

Bonus if they're in separate rooms too. Double bonus if they're out of earshot of each other.
Helps you really appreciate each other because you have to actually have to put in a little effort instead of taking each other for granted because the other is just always there.
Super educated psychocollargists have validated this theory in more than one publish or perish papers.
It doesn't happen THAT often. I mean the sheet thing. Spring & fall when it's transitional is the problem - cooler nights and the heat isn't on.

I put in the effort outside the bedroom so it's rarely an issue inside the br. Either that or we're both just horndoggers.:cool: Separate rooms decrease opportunities for physical and mental connection - super educated folk have validated that several times over, too. Sometimes I have to wear earplugs because she's snoring - I'd still rather have her on her side of the king-size with me than across the house.

Marriages in the 50s sucked.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I was flipping through channels and caught a few minutes of Kid Rock doing some like big deal hometown concert in Detroit and at first I'm like fuck not this guy but I tell you what like it or not dude can actually play and sing. Ain't bad.

Sure is a lot of white people up there. Minnesota and most northern states are like that. Makes me scared to move out of Texas. I like the culture. I don't wanna go back to scandanavialand.

The old lady is in upstate New york, she said they went out for Mexican food last night. I said you did what??!!! You know you're in someplace that's like 98% white right? They don't know what the fuck Mexican food is.

In between belches and farts she said yeah no shit.

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
I told her to just stick to pot roast and lobster, maybe italian, that's about it. Unless they go into Canada then get some gravy but for God's sake don't try Mexican food in a place like that unless it's off the back of a truck operated by the wife of some guy who runs a leaf blower for a living, then it probably be pretty good.

I told her to just stick to pot roast and lobster, maybe italian, that's about it. Unless they go into Canada then get some gravy but for God's sake don't try Mexican food in a place like that unless it's off the back of a truck operated by the wife of some guy who runs a leaf blower for a living, then it probably be pretty good.
Even the other ethnic food, shit gets crushed to some sad average. I always laugh at restaurant lasagna - cheese layer looks/is some pasty, white barf of riccota and eggs. Doesn't have to be that way, at all.

You and I seem to have different definitions of both passionate and snob. Especially "passionate" which I don't think any person can have for any other thing that isn't a living creature with a heartbeat and lungs and eats and drinks and shits and stuff.
Great interest in inanimate objects, ok. Passion, no.
Passion is another one of many words that once had great and important meaning but has been severely diluted over time such that people apply it to things it should never be applied to.
Way to miss the point.

“Fury” from the list. 10B39E43-0043-43FE-B09F-0572911774AE.jpeg

Synonymous with passion. I see it. I hope I’m not misunderstanding, but I’m pretty doped up today.

There was a time when an artist would put their skills to work (not saying photography isn’t an art, but I mean painting or drawing, etc) to create car ads and such. Like that show “Overhaulin’” that used to be on, and Chip Foose would draw his vision and they’d build it. Those ads were great and had a look you can’t capture easily with a camera or software IMO.

77025402-58B1-451B-8C1D-72A571A5A5CB.jpeg

I was flipping through channels and caught a few minutes of Kid Rock doing some like big deal hometown concert in Detroit and at first I'm like fuck not this guy but I tell you what like it or not dude can actually play and sing. Ain't bad.

I like the South Park episode when Cartman is “training” to be in the Special Olympics and during the montage of him training, he’s watching a Kid Rock video and taking notes.

So we got flour snobs now too?
Grandma didn't know what protein % was in the damn flour and everything came out fine.

Are there any sorts of snobs we don't have?
Serious question as I might be able to bring one in to fill in the blanks.
Grandma probably didn't need to. She got it from the same place, that used the same materials, the same grind, etc. Almost any flour can be good flour, once you understand its properties. King Arthur prides themselves on consistency, which is required for good bread making.

Grandma probably didn't need to. She got it from the same place, that used the same materials, the same grind, etc. Almost any flour can be good flour, once you understand its properties. King Arthur prides themselves on consistency, which is required for good bread making.
i wish we could get King Arthur flour up here

i wish we could get King Arthur flour up here
I use sacks of P&H Milling all purpose stuff from wholesale club + "gluten flour" from Bulk Barn to gluten it up for bread/pizza/whatever.

Recently made some stupid-chewy rolls by adding 2-3x as much gluten flour as I'd normally add for pizza flour. Think of the rolls Swiss Chalet gives you but even chewier... like almost as chewy as the shit Tim Hortons serves their shitty sandwiches on that you can probably break a window with. I used them for dipping in some homemade artichoke dip.

Started with the breadmaker on the dough cycle but the thing was struggling, ended up switching to the kitchenaid for kneading.