Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Fuck. I want to go get some A&W now

valentine valentine’s day GIF by Crave

Was out shopping so I grabbed a salad from Trader Joes when I was there, and a tuna sammich from Wegmans at that stop.
I went out to one of those trendy "lots of vendors in an upscale food court arrangement" places the other day, and saw the teacher who emailed us all about how she wasn't going to be coming into the classroom anytime soon to "protect her family" eating two tables over.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
I went out to one of those trendy "lots of vendors in an upscale food court arrangement" places the other day, and saw the teacher who emailed us all about how she wasn't going to be coming into the classroom anytime soon to "protect her family" eating two tables over.

I am as shocked as you were I imagine.

Which is to say, this was a very predictable outcome.

A&W in town growing up was still a drive-in where you could hear the waitress coming because she wore this machine on her waist where she pushed levers on it to dispense your change and it made a happy noise when she walked, then she would maneuver this tray that was on an arm with a couple hinges in it next to your window and put the root beer on it that came in those big, thick, heavy glass like Bavarian level frosty glass mugs.

A&W in town growing up was still a drive-in where you could hear the waitress coming because she wore this machine on her waist where she pushed levers on it to dispense your change and it made a happy noise when she walked, then she would maneuver this tray that was on an arm with a couple hinges in it next to your window and put the root beer on it that came in those big, thick, heavy glass like Bavarian level frosty glass mugs.
My home town had 2. One converted to a small resturant, then closed and got dozered. The other one was getting ready to open as an Asian Food place when covid hit, had a very cool paintjob on the building complete with some fighting guys and big Chinese symbols. Hope they make it. Yeah, mechanical change makers and roller skates. Waitresses on skates got extra tips. :cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I made picnic ham.

haaaam.jpg

Pork shoulder, cured in the amazingribs.com maple bacon cure recipe for 15 days.

Smoked over a mix of apple and maple wood to an internal temp of 155F, took about 6 hours. Used a glaze recipe that tastes like your grandmother's christmas ham turned up to 10, with cinnamon and cloves and ginger and pineapple and all that good stuff.

Outcome: holy fuck. Normally I find ham pretty boring, but this shit is life changing. The extra flavor in the cure, the smoke, the spicey-bitey glaze on it... it was amazing, I haven't made something this good in a long ass time.

I'll be making a bunch more of this next time pork shoulder goes on sale.

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant