Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Maitake mushroom! This beast weighed about 8 lbs as picked, about 6.5 lbs cleaned up. These are excellent eating and there is not a close "look a like" so no worries there - note, I have grown mushrooms and am very careful on picking wild ones. Pulls apart like strips of tender chicken breast, which is what the wife thought is was when I fed her some sauteed in butter. Froze 4 lbs. away, cooked about a lb., then dried the rest.
My brother found it and gave to me. *This would be well over $100 worth @ store. Probably time for me to go looking.

Maitake mushroom! This beast weighed about 8 lbs as picked, about 6.5 lbs cleaned up. These are excellent eating and there is not a close "look a like" so no worries there - note, I have grown mushrooms and am very careful on picking wild ones. Pulls apart like strips of tender chicken breast, which is what the wife thought is was when I fed her some sauteed in butter. Froze 4 lbs. away, cooked about a lb., then dried the rest.
My brother found it and gave to me. *This would be well over $100 worth @ store. Probably time for me to go looking.
View attachment 9545
nice! The oak stump i had that these were growing on finally rotted away last year. I probably had 10-15 pounds every year, but

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
jfQtYg6.png

Here is the backyard (that's where we want to put the patio deck thingy)... wearing Fly's flip flops too for skiing.