the new hotness from Nokia...

bungle said:
my voip service sounds equal in quality to my regular phone line, due in part to the fact that i have portioned out max bandwidth allowance of 150kb to it. works perfectly, but then im very close to my exchange
interesting. I'll stick with my cell phone though.

bungle said:
try engaging your brain fewl

1. purchase VoIP capable mobile phone
2. add an unlimited data option to your service plan
3. steal underpants
4. route voip traffic over your now flat rate data connection, saving a heavy user a ton of money
I'm not saying VoIP is bad, I'm saying implementing it on that thing looks like it would be akward. That thing looks to be a bit too large to fit into a pocket and has no speaker/mic arrangement.

That, and until 911 service works on VoIP, no thanks.

theacoustician said:
I'm not saying VoIP is bad, I'm saying implementing it on that thing looks like it would be akward. That thing looks to be a bit too large to fit into a pocket and has no speaker/mic arrangement.

That, and until 911 service works on VoIP, no thanks.
Maybe its just me, but I could give a shit about the 911 service. We all have cell phones for Christ's sake. Forcing 911 makes VoiP one step closer to being classified and taxed just like a baby bell...

fly said:
Maybe its just me, but I could give a shit about the 911 service. We all have cell phones for Christ's sake. Forcing 911 makes VoiP one step closer to being classified and taxed just like a baby bell...
Every town I've lived in has had an emergency # for the police, fire, whatever that has shorter wait times than 911 :fly:

In my new town, calling 911 would be a joke

fly said:
If you're going to ditch all phones for VoIP, you need emergency services. Who cares if its taxed like the telephone company. Did you honestly think that it was going to be a free ride forever?