Ontopic The new car-seching thread

motor oil GIF

I like to shake mine out. It gets a more even spread.

splooge GIF

The cub cadet parts diagram shows a gasket kit for the rocker cover. So I get it.

But if you look at the kohler site it says to use make a gasket.

Doh!

So I ordered some Three Bond.

Got the tractor up to the garage to do the work. Engines at 103 hours, only 3 over for the maintenance interval.

The cub cadet parts diagram shows a gasket kit for the rocker cover. So I get it.

Doh!

Got the tractor up to the garage to do the work. Engines at 103 hours, only 3 over for the maintenance interval.
if there is a fitted gasket, do that. Dont use make a gasket shit if you dont have to

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum

Doh!

There's really nothing wrong with doing it either way. Only hitch might be if it actually needs the thickness of the gasket for clearance. If in doubt go with what the actual engine manufacturer says. Cub Cadet doesn't make engines.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
There's really nothing wrong with doing it either way. Only hitch might be if it actually needs the thickness of the gasket for clearance. If in doubt go with what the actual engine manufacturer says. Cub Cadet doesn't make engines.

Yeah. I’m doing what Kohler says. The cub site is clearly wrong.

GTO's apart again, so that I can add the computer controlled timing.

Mounted the fuse/coil driver/fuel pump relay/ignition relay board I wired up behind the dash:
IMG_20210314_170921127.jpg

It breaks out into two plugs that I de-pinned to pass through a grommet over the transmission (the goatse hole is where the distributor goes):
IMG_20210314_170931260.jpg

Gonna finish looming it up this afternoon and then test the board before I put the dash back together. Then the GTO should run full timing control via the ECU (it's rudimentary, no knock control or anything, but it's better than springs in slots and shit).

I looked of course, but I don't need 5 quarts. Only need 2 and I had one on the shelf already.
I picked up a generic 10w30 synthetic quart for my air compressor not too long ago, they're not terribly difficult to obtain off the shelf.

I think mine was "carquest" brand, I'm pretty sure I bought it from Advance Auto Parts.

I picked up a generic 10w30 synthetic quart for my air compressor not too long ago, they're not terribly difficult to obtain off the shelf.

I think mine was "carquest" brand, I'm pretty sure I bought it from Advance Auto Parts.

They didn't even have that shit.

My fucking lawnmower doesn't need Mobil Oil Peen Lube Powar

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
It's a lawnmower, I'm surprised y'all are firing a multiweight oil in it instead of straight cheap SAE 30 or whatever from the hardware store.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer