NSFW The Mayans were wrong! Spam Thread 2013 right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie Mars Attacks! is completely unrealistic.

Are you seriously telling me that a couple hundred armed soldiers are not going to be able to tag half a dozen martians in their glass helmets?
Yes, they might be able to get the leader onto the ship, but with the amount of lead flying through the air I seriously doubt it

Stupid Tim Burton.

Dude, you have to realize that any creature that can killed by the musical reverberations of Slim Whitman's yodeling is going to be nearly impervious to anything and everything else.

Lazer guns > secret service
They don't have laser guns, it is obviously shown that it is some sort of plasma weapon as you can see the ray propagate through the space between the weapon and the target (ie, non-instantaneous).

The movie obviously shows that they are frailer than humans physically, this negates any sort of body armor that they can carry (as evidenced within the movie by the fact that they are easily shot and killed by bullets)
Then you get what appears to be a better ammo carrying capacity, and little/possibly no recoil.

So then you get into a numbers game. There were three of them that killed all of congress and got away scot-free. The martians shot congress first, so where the fuck is security? At most 1/3 of congress should be left after that.

Dude, you have to realize that any creature that can killed by the musical reverberations of Slim Whitman's yodeling is going to be nearly impervious to anything and everything else.
Bull
The boxer punches a couple of them hard enough to 1) bounce their heads against their helmets and create severe cranial hemorrhaging 2) shatter the helmets allowing them to asphyxiate.
The one that gets into the White House dies from severe bullet trauma after it is distracted by a parakeet, then another one is crushed by a chandelier. Also, the aforementioned Martian that is killed at the first meeting (presumably by bullets fired by soldiers) and is later shown being dissected by Pierce Brosnan's character

Bring me a bucket.

Monthy_Pythons_The_Meaning_of_Life_MrCreosoteSketch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.