Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

these are the pics from the post at least :lol:
3br, one full bath, one 3/4, and a toilet in the laundry room ( :lol: ), 2 car garage with one of the bays tandem so you can fit 3 (and there's a door out the back on that one so you don't have to play tetris). huge backyard, nice deck, nice family room. NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE :happy:

That's quite the fucking upgrade. Y'all must be doin well! :heart:

I'm well aware of that!
last time, we could only include my income because he was still touring & working PRN at the warehouse. since then, he's been working a job with consistent pay that's about on par with mine in terms of net pay, so we could basically double the budget (though thankfully we won't be). location-wise it's also closer to work (and childcare) so reduced gas & car costs, and also no flood insurance :lol: ALSO not oil heat, so I won't have to drop thousands every year on heating oil (or deal with an oil furnace or having a big ass oil tank in the basement).

last time, we could only include my income because he was still touring & working PRN at the warehouse. since then, he's been working a job with consistent pay that's about on par with mine in terms of net pay, so we could basically double the budget (though thankfully we won't be). location-wise it's also closer to work (and childcare) so reduced gas & car costs, and also no flood insurance :lol: ALSO not oil heat, so I won't have to drop thousands every year on heating oil (or deal with an oil furnace or having a big ass oil tank in the basement).

That house sounds a little too normal.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and APRIL
diamond blade will make quick work of it. Theres a lot of work setting up the structure to put in a door though, id get the whole thing framed out right with king studs, etc etc before you even touch the stucco.
yup, bust out the inner sheetrock, frame it up (for a pre-hung door) then bust through the outer wall. A sawsall with a good blade may get through stucco...does it have a wire mesh in it? I forget.