Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Be nice - it depends how much he really will use it.:rolleyes: Or for what I suppose.:confused:
One with a blade welder and a few inches of adjustment can save you a lot of money on blades if you use a LOT. And you gain the ability to start in the center of a piece. But that don't come cheap. * You can get a free-standing blade welder for around $600, minimum.;) Problem is, most smaller bandsaws don't have much adjustment, so you could only get in one weld on a blade before you had lost too much length.
Fuck it. Go big or go home.

s-l1600.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Fuck it. Go big or go home.

View attachment 4534
Kinda what I was thinking - had to use those pricks a lot at one time.
You'll be able to do fingers just fine with your little girl's toy.
Word. An undersized tool is frequently more dangerous. Hopefully he bought the stand(put some weight in the bottom and/or straps it down to a bench. Inherently tippy pos.

theres lotsa good mid-sized options. Its not so much the 10 inch thats the problem, but the weak motor. 1hp+ motor opens up a huge capability.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
theres lotsa good mid-sized options. Its not so much the 10 inch thats the problem, but the weak motor. 1hp+ motor opens up a huge capability.
Realistically, he's only gonna be cutting pallet wood to put put in his pizza cooker so all is good. Unless he misses pulling a nail :eek:

" Its not so much the 10 inch thats the problem, but the weak motor" - she said.:fly:

had a company in this morning, they owe me an estimate today. Initial plan is to patch the large holes in the wall, stop the incursions.

90% of it is coming through the walls, not the floor.

after that, yep, sump.

Open question is to do interior drain tile into the sump at this time or not.

had a company in this morning, they owe me an estimate today. Initial plan is to patch the large holes in the wall, stop the incursions.

after that, yep, sump.

If you have to redo work and pay shit twice then yes.

Or just yes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

after that, yep, sump.

Interior drain tile is for the weak. ? You want the damage to the walls to continue so you set up some inside tiles to catch the stuff coming through so you don' know how bad it is leaking?

Have it dug out and resealed. And they can lay new exterior tile(pipe) and run that under the wall to the sump pit you're gonna have put in. ;)