Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
dubairsky_wideweb__470x2580.jpg

http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/building.html

http://gizmodo.com/5019323/dynamic-tower-skyscraper-every-floor-self+rotates-powered-by-wind-and-sun

New York City, June 24 2008 – Visionary Italian architect Dr. David Fisher today announced the launch of the revolutionary Dynamic Tower, the world's first building in motion, to be constructed in Dubai and Moscow with other locations planned worldwide.

The Dynamic Tower offers infinite design possibilities, as each floor rotates independently to create a building that constantly changes shape, resulting in a unique and ever evolving architectural structure.

Italian architect David Fisher is building his first skyscraper, the Dynamic Tower, and it happens to be one of the most ambitious construction plans since the Pyramid of Khufu. Every floor of the 80-story self-powered building rotates according to voice command, and nearly the entire structure of the $700 million building is pre-fabbed. I caught up with the architect in New York, and he blew my mind again and again.

Fisher was inspired to design the Dynamic Tower during a visit to a friend's top-floor Midtown Manhattan apartment. "I had a view of the Hudson River and East River at the same time, it was beautiful and I wanted to make that feeling accessible to more people." He loves the idea of seeing the sun rise and set in the same room, and considers the building to be four-dimensional. "Time is always changing the shape of the building," he told me.

drains would be easy because they're gravity fed. fresh water and hvac coolant would be trickier. if you used flexible pipe which could undergo either one or two full rotations and ensured a unit would never go more than one rotation before reversing direction it could work. to allow for that much twist you couldn't just chain things all the way up. you'd need at least a couple stories of pipe between connections so the twist is spread along a great length. maybe you could just run three parallel systems.

all in all complicated, but definitely doable.

Last edited:
Just make the walls as the floor. Now THAT would be cool.
if you build the outside walls at a 45 degree angle and spin it fast enough to generate 1g horizontal you could stand on the floors feeling 1.42g, right? to build at a greater angle you'd need to pull more gs.

that would be freaking cool.