Tampons, tell me about Plantation/Carollwood

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,363
I think I found it. I love it. It has a pool. But I don't know the neighborhood, even though it looks nice.

What do you all know about plantation/Carollwood in Tampa.

PS Fly/April, It's like 2 miles away from you all. :p

With a pool

We looked in Carrolwood too for a home. It's a nice suburban area with little crime as far as I am aware. AND ITS CLOSE TO US!!!!!

The Veterans usually sucks in the morning for work... Are you driving to Brandon for work? That may be the only downside. :)

Here are my choices. I'm fucking torn.
This house is beautiful
http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=313819527&s=MFR&t=MFR
It's HUGE though. 1900 sq feet. Way more space than I need. But damn, it's new, and it's really nice. But it's riverview, and way way away from everything.

This is the one in tampa. The only thing it's lacking to me is a garage. Kitchen ain't great, but I'll be getting a stimulus kitchen when the 8k comes back ;)
http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1018544325&s=MFR&t=MFR

It's a little small, but doesn't feel it. 2 of the BR's have big walk in closets, and the MBR is a really nice size. And it's tampa.

Does the Carrollwood house have a storage area somewhere outside? Storing lawn equipment would be a pain in the ass without a garage. :hs:

that pool is, for sure, a huge selling point for me. And the fact that it's in a really low crime neighborhood in tampa.

the commute would kinda suck, but if I switch jobs, it'll be easier to find a new one since I'm not out in BFE. Downtown tampa opens up to me more.

The choice is, Gigantic, impressive, luxurious new home that will be under utilized, or slightly older, cozy, well kept home that will probably see more use, and lots of semi nude margarita parties.

I heard this place I mentioned a while ago in the 90 yo building across the st from me ended up going for $60k :( I can see it out my window. it's being painted right now. the $400 a month HOA scared me away when they were asking 160k for it. at 60k I'd gladly pay a $400 HOA, dammit

2646124_0.jpg

I know! Seriously. Think of the parties :)

Thats the house where I would seriously have a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville Machine permanently outside.

Yes, having a pool with a screened in lanai is party heaven!

Virgin margaritas?? :fly:

Carrolwood's not bad. It's an older burb so there are a few parts that are run down a bit. They real deal break I would think would be the commute. I lived up there for a year and left because the traffic on the Vet, 275, and Dale Mabry all sucked. Dude if you had to drive to Brandon from there that would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Carrolwood's not bad. It's an older burb so there are a few parts that are run down a bit. They real deal break I would think would be the commute. I lived up there for a year and left because the traffic on the Vet, 275, and Dale Mabry all sucked. Dude if you had to drive to Brandon from there that would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Well, the plan is 1 more year with the current company, then I start shoppin for a new job. I can always jet Armenia south to the crosstown for a less stressful trip into Brandon too (hopefully).

Plus, a lot of my friends that aren't srq crew live/work in that area, so meeting up after work at something in international plaza or such becomes a lot easier.

Moving to tampa means I might get to have a social life again.

Last edited: