Pics Summer activities thread

Didn't we already get that last week, and the week before?

Yeah but this one is actually hitting us. In all truth, we will get some strong gusts, and some loud thunderstorms (yay for no sleep), but because we live inside the loop, we should be fairly shielded from the big brunt of the storm.

Went to a lighthouse last week. Already posted the photos, but in case it was missed:
2013-06-05+11.52.48.jpg

2013-06-05+11.53.17.jpg

2013-06-05+11.55.07.jpg

100+ yr old original Fresnel Lens on the lighthouse. 2 500w lightbulbs, shining 14mi out to sea:
2013-06-05+12.05.03.jpg

looking down from the top of the lighthouse:
2013-06-05+12.03.01.jpg

We don't have too much planned. This weekend going to see Droolio. Then in July, we're headed back to Texas for April's yearly family river trip.

Southwest has an airfare sale right now. So we did book a flight to Key West in October for our anniversary. Thanks to my companion pass, the flight for two cost us 4,000 points. :lol:

I really want to take up hiking more. I have a meniscus tear and an ACL tear so that might not be the wisest thing to do. We are gonna go to the beach for a few days, and we are having a party every weekend in July so that's something.

I'll be in the area on Sunday so let me know if you guys want to do dinner either Monday or Tuesday.

I'd be game, as long as it's before mid-August I probably won't have any conflicts. The only plans I've got is heading to a concert 7/17, outside of that my calendar is free right now.

just let me know what area and day works best for everyone so I can change my hotel

well if you're in Vienna, there's a Metro stop there, right? I can always drive to the New Carrollton Metro station and take the Orange line out that way?

well if you're in Vienna, there's a Metro stop there, right? I can always drive to the New Carrollton Metro station and take the Orange line out that way?

There is one somewhere. I'm not sure if the one in Tyson's is done yet. It seems like they've been working on it for years. Last time IBWIP picked some random place down in Dupont Circle area for some reason. It was way out of the way for both of us.