Stupidest Kid Ever.

Please, strawman arguments? Basic firearm safety is not in any way tantamount to smoking crack. There is nothing illegal or immoral about firearms.

there are already enough problems with guns in school in case you hadn't noticed...training them on guns would be a wonderful improvement on that situation, I'm sure

It must be the weapons. Especially since 30+ years ago kid could take a .22 rifle and or a .410 gauge shotgun to school and not be hassled. :tard: :rolleyes:

I agree with Flaming Glory, but what you said is not good. The difference? Kids nowadays intend on using the guns on feloow students just because they don't like them.

Unfortunately, the only way to insure that kids won't get angry at others and turn the guns on teachers and/or students is to sedate them with little happy pills... Thanks for the idea, Huxley!

Seriously, it's a double-edged sword. Do we take the risk of teaching gun saftey in scools and pray they all are within their right minds and won't want to "play" with guns or endanger others lives by letting their anger get teh best of them or do we leave it up to parents to show them gun saftey and take them to places where they can learn properly?

I agree with Flaming Glory, but what you said is not good. The difference? Kids nowadays intend on using the guns on feloow students just because they don't like them.

No the difference between then now is society as a whole. Not too many people want to take personal responsibility. To many parents want to be buddy buddy with their kids instead of teaching them right from wrong/discipline. To quote the great former Senator Moynahan, we have been "defining deviancy down" since the late sixties.

Last edited:
No the difference between then now is society as a whole. Not too many people want to take personal responsibility. To many parents want to be buddy buddy with their kids instead of teaching them right from wrong/discipline. To quote the great former Senator Moynahan, we have been "defining deviancy down" since the late sixties.

Which furthers my point that kids nowadays should not be allowed to carry weapons in school.

To teach groups of children in a large classroom how to use firearms has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. This is something that the parent should teach if they want there child using weapons, end of story.

I agree with you and FG. I was only replying to W_A_W assertion that firearms are evil. Thirty years ago most high schools had rifle (.22) teams that would shoot in competitions.

firearms aren't inherently evil...people kill people
I don't think firearm training has any place in schools nonetheless